Looking for advice on Captain America suits

batbaa

I mentor a 12 year old boy through a program that matches boys without fathers with a vetted man, to meet up once a week to just hang out and do guy-things. We were matched 5 yes ago when he was 7 and he's just the coolest kid I've ever met. A few years ago I made him a Robin costume to wear to parades and collections etc. when I am wearing my Batsuit, but being the age he is, he's growing very quickly and is now the same height as me, and he doesn't want to wear the Robin costume anymore because he feels self-conscious being the same height as Batman. We have been talking about a new character that he can cosplay going forward that he can stick with and the one he really loves is Captain America. To be honest, I have never really been into Captain America, so I don't know much about the story lines or the different versions of suits.

Both his mum and I are on limited budgets, so I don't want to spend a fortune, but I am after advice on a low cost, but nice looking suit that we can start with, then we can build on it over time as he grows. I really don't want to have to go with one of the cheap $20 padded costume store ones that are designed to wear once, I would like to get something that will look decent and last for many wears. I have seen some on Aliexpress that are around the USD$300 mark, but that's probably out of my budget. Any ideas or advice on costumes and shields, even opinions on the film version of the suit that people like the most would be helpful, just any advice at all.

Thanks team,
Kev

75223629_2463336373763671_1915212757230157824_n.jpg

Attachments

• 75223629_2463336373763671_1915212757230157824_n.jpg
    75223629_2463336373763671_1915212757230157824_n.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 259
If you want to go on a budget, check out places like Cosplaysky, Manle's best or Procosplay. They are some of the more budget makers out there. You can get a decent, complete costume for under what you have seen on aliexpress when they go on sale. (Which is very often)

mine is an Infinity War from Procosplay, with some modifications to the design and a bit of work.
?hash=364e1b1d924f30853ae3a9579d1395c6.jpg

Attachments

• Var-03817_R.jpg
    Var-03817_R.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 202
If you want to go on a budget, check out places like Cosplaysky, Manle's best or Procosplay. They are some of the more budget makers out there. You can get a decent, complete costume for under what you have seen on aliexpress when they go on sale. (Which is very often)

mine is an Infinity War from Procosplay, with some modifications to the design and a bit of work.
View attachment 1304913
That suit looks fantastic man! Thanks for the tip, I will check them out.

Cheers,
Kev

White Sheep Leather and Leather Fashion Valley have been running sales and make excellent Cap suits and accessories. For a plastic shield I'd suggest a Marvel Legends (if you can find one) or this one: Amazon.com: POMUTRE damdos Halloween Cosplay 57cm Shield for Captain America Shield 1:1 Steve Rogers ABS Plastic Kids Birthdays Gift: Toys & Games. Having tried my hand at two saucer sled builds, I've been happier with my repainted Legends shield.

Both need to be repainted if you're looking for screen accuracy but don't look awful out of the box.

White Sheep Leather and Leather Fashion Valley have been running sales and make excellent Cap suits and accessories. For a plastic shield I'd suggest a Marvel Legends (if you can find one) or this one: Amazon.com: POMUTRE damdos Halloween Cosplay 57cm Shield for Captain America Shield 1:1 Steve Rogers ABS Plastic Kids Birthdays Gift: Toys & Games. Having tried my hand at two saucer sled builds, I've been happier with my repainted Legends shield.

Both need to be repainted if you're looking for screen accuracy but don't look awful out of the box.
Thanks so much for the leads! I will check them out now :)

Hello all!
I'm also looking for advice on a Captain America suit. Specifically the suit from The First Avenger. That's not as common these days as Winter Solder or Endgame versions are.

Looking through this thread I brought up the White Sheep Leather one:

And I also brought up the Manles one:

I've heard the good things about WSL's and also watched a video I found of it:

I gotta say though, their mannequin images of their suit make it look like crap! Bad marketing, that.

The Manles offering looks better in the photos. The WSL accessories (belt, gloves, etc.,) don't look near as good as what Manles depicts. And the Manles is just over half the price of the White Sheep Leather one.

Does the assembled Captain America Cosplayers here have suggestions? Any experience with Manles suits? WSL's? Other vendor suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello all!
I'm also looking for advice on a Captain America suit. Specifically the suit from The First Avenger. That's not as common these days as Winter Solder or Endgame versions are.

Looking through this thread I brought up the White Sheep Leather one:

And I also brought up the Manles one:

I've heard the good things about WSL's and also watched a video I found of it:

I gotta say though, their mannequin images of their suit make it look like crap! Bad marketing, that.

The Manles offering looks better in the photos. The WSL accessories (belt, gloves, etc.,) don't look near as good as what Manles depicts. And the Manles is just over half the price of the White Sheep Leather one.

Does the assembled Captain America Cosplayers here have suggestions? Any experience with Manles suits? WSL's? Other vendor suggestions?

Thanks!
Just saw this post. Are you still needing help with this?

Hello there!

Yes, I am!
I’m not familiar at all with Manles. And did not see any posts about this version of the suit in the Facebook groups I belong to. More people buy from WSL. The leather accessories look fine to me in booth suits (those god awful WSL boots notwithstanding), but many Cap cosplayers eventually upgrade their accessories to higher quality leather from some place like Like Linda on Etsy. One thing to be weary of, textured stretch is notorious for the red bleeding into the white. It can be a real problem if you sweat profusely, which very well could happen as textured stretch isn’t too breathable. Again, I’m not familiar with Manles, so for all I know the same thing happens with that suit.

I don’t know your budget but WSL does have a more expensive option made out of cordura fabric. Super tough. Super non-stretchy. Super accurate looking. The red does not run. If it helps this discount code for WSL should still work to shave 30% off the price: bestwick30

I had the WSL stealth suit with accessories and it was pretty great looking. I loved it before the mods most do. got a generic XL size and it fit great.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back