Looking for a model repair professional in the Arizona area

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello as the title states I am looking for a model repair hopefully in the Phoenix area I received a large model in the mail yesterday that was obviously flat slammed by FedEx on its way out of Japan. This was a "new" model.

If someone can help (obviously) for a fee.... Please advise below is the work
IMG_0984.jpeg
IMG_0983.jpeg

Yeah it's a Greek fing strategy I hope a master modeling journeyman or journeywoman can be found or it's heading back to Japan
What kind of plastic was used? Or Poly Stone maybe? It doesn't seems like a crazy repair job. The matching paint might be the challenge;)

To me it looks to be polystone and it's a clean break. However, the repair extends into the hull with the two pylon struts that support the heavy rear wing and the "magic" will happen with a professional paint blend. Way beyond my skill set. This rear piece and that amount of weight should have never been attached to the model from the factory. It should have been slot fitted after unpacking just like the wings. No idea why the manufacturer thought it was a good idea to do it that way.

I have seen this kind of packaging issue with a ton of stuff coming from the far east. they just don't seem to understand how fragile this stuff is and how brutal shipping can be.

To me it looks to be polystone and it's a clean break. However, the repair extends into the hull with the two pylon struts that support the heavy rear wing and the "magic" will happen with a professional paint blend. Way beyond my skill set. This rear piece and that amount of weight should have never been attached to the model from the factory. It should have been slot fitted after unpacking just like the wings. No idea why the manufacturer thought it was a good idea to do it that way.
Man sorry to see that happen goldcylon. May I ask who made this model? Does it have working electronics? It looks pretty awesome!

It's made by Product Enterprise which is the principal for Gerry Anderson enterprises. This was a signature edition super marionation release of 800 world wide released about 15 years ago before Gerry's passing

I have seen this kind of packaging issue with a ton of stuff coming from the far east. they just don't seem to understand how fragile this stuff is and how brutal shipping can be.
I agree and when anything is marked fragile, that is translated to "yeet" all along the shipping way. It was dropped flat, hard and this is what happens.

It's made by Product Enterprise which is the principal for Gerry Anderson enterprises. This was a signature edition super marionation release of 800 world wide released about 15 years ago before Gerry's passing
wow very cool thanks for the info!

I reached out to a local modeling group. Working the logistics hopefully Thunderbird 2 will be a go....

Will drop it by for the "it's dead Jim assessment " or the Jeff Spicoli, "My dad is a television repairman and he has the ultimate set of tools" assessment

Man sorry to see that happen goldcylon. May I ask who made this model? Does it have working electronics? It looks pretty awesome!
No no working electronics. However Japan has a few of those in a slightly smaller scale. Full sounds and working lift legs with a wireless remote for lowering the cargo pods. Apparently Japan is the Hot market for anything Thunderbirds, I thought it would be the UK.... However that is not the case.

Wacky Races as well if you remember that cartoon with Dick Dastardly and Muttley from back in the day.
IMG_0963.jpeg
IMG_0964.jpeg
IMG_0965.jpeg

No no working electronics. However Japan has a few of those in a slightly smaller scale. Full sounds and working lift legs with a wireless remote for lowering the cargo pods. Apparently Japan is the Hot market for anything Thunderbirds, I thought it would be the UK.... However that is not the case.

Wacky Races as well if you remember that cartoon with Dick Dastardly and Muttley from back in the day.
View attachment 1706580View attachment 1706581View attachment 1706582
Wow so cool!!!

I honestly don't blame the seller. That was a manufactured mistake. I won't order another one as I am sure it would just break in the same area. I have you saved if another tragedy occurs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back