Lone Predator assaults WONDERFEST 2008

Davezilla

Here's some pictures of me in my PREDATOR suit from Wonderfest 2008 this past weekend in Louisville, KY. I am seen standing next to some cool (but expensive) model kits, dueling Master Chief from HALO, and attacking an Alien bust. When I saw it I stomped over and started shaking my dreads & freaking out that someone had already taken my "trophy" hehehe

Another dealer had an ALIENS t-shirt for sale and I acted like I was gonna rip it to shreds with my wrist blades.

Surprisingly I did not see a single PREDATOR model in the Contest this year! Usually there are several. I did see a really cool Giger Alien entered though.

I was the only Predator at this years con, but there were 2 HALO guys, a few Stormtroopers and a 90s BATMAN.

IM003122_0087_087.jpg

IM003123_0086_086.jpg

IM003124_0085_085.jpg

IM003128_0081_081.jpg

IM003129_0080_080.jpg

Looks like you had a great time! Suit looks good.

Up until this post, I had never heard of Wonderfest. Maybe there ought to be a listing of conventions somewhere on this site with locations and dates. That way the banner can be sent ahead to whoever lives the closest who is going, not to mention the Lair having a presence with some of our folks all suited up.

Here's a link to some better quality pics on PHOTOBUCKET: KaijuDave's 2008 Wonderfest PREDATOR photos

Those HALO guys were messin with me (bunny ears!) and I didn't even know it! Master Chief is going DOWN when next we meet!

Yes, I had a lot of fun, but was suffering after 5 HOURS in my suit. I was soooo ready to get out of it, but Dirk Benedict (Original Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica) was giving a talk in the room I was in and I was praying he'd hurry up and finish so I could escape my latex confinement! My suit fits awful tight and my arms were losing feeling!

It's gonna need a lot of repair work b4 I can wear it again (paint peeled in spots on upper arms, hands lost a lot of paint around the wrists). I also want to add to it eventually (still need a Bio, maybe a workable wrist computer).

This site will introduce you to the con WonderFest Homepage
I love this event because it's in my own backyard! There's always lots of Godzilla, Aliens, Predator, and other creature FX stuff to be had. I also enjoy taking photos of the awesome models on display (ummm the plastic & resin kind, not supermodels!)
Here's some info on the CONTEST they host each year.
I went in costume as ULTRAMAN last year: Wonderfest 2007 ULTRAMAN

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back