London film museum Harryhausen exhibit

If anyone is going there, please check if they have the saucers. And post photos if they do.

I was in London a month ago and went to the Film Museum. Unfortunatly most of the Ray Harryhausen exhibit is gone. There are a few things remaining...the large statue of Ray with the skeleton, a King Kong and Talos model replica and a large Medusa and Talos statue. But it is a cool place to visit.

If anyone is going there, please check if they have the saucers. And post photos if they do.

Hi redshirt

Just saw the whole documentary and as to the flying saucers there's no info on what material it was used to made it; just some details on how the 3 nodules were made on the bottom to hold the saucer and explanations on how he puppeteered the disc with the wires. Also is explained that the discs were co-made by Ray's father Fred (as a lot of his models were). Hope this isn't a reason for you not to buy the DVD once it's a great documentary.

On a visit to Cleveland, Ohio years ago, he allowed audience members to view many of his replicas up close after his lecture. I believe the saucer was aluminum. I actually got to touch it. He was very casual about the attendees interacting with his artifacts. A super-nice guy.

The 6 in. Somewhere, I have pics... on film- of the whole presentation. One of my shots of him was featured in a Starlog article- used to work for the mag.

Hey guys, I just found these pics yesterday (forgot I had em) that were taken 10 years ago when my friend was handling the Ackermansion estate sale, thought any Harryhausen fans here might get a kick outta them....... never mind the doofus in the pics LOL!!!

Beef 1.jpgBeef 3.jpgBeef 7.jpgBeef 10.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back