Loki mask (The Mask 1994)

orhadar

Hey guys, It seems really hard to find a good prop of the loki mask recently.
I'm looking for a prop replica of the loki mask from 1994, it doesn't even has to be colored, I just need the cast to be accurate.
there seems to be none of this on ebay.
if anyone could help me, It'll be awesome!

The ones on ebay are cast off of someone's sculpt, and not from the movie prop, they are inaccurate, and their back side has very bad detailing.

I found a guy online who casts them from an original prop that he made a mold of, he makes a kit and a finished painted one. He offers two separate paint schemes I am not sure which one is screen accurate if you think these are accurate please let me know. Search goldenarmor and it should pop up. I don't know how good the quality is but I am thinking of getting one if it can pass for a screen accurate one. mask1.JPGmask2.JPG

I found a guy online who casts them from an original prop that he made a mold of, he makes a kit and a finished painted one. He offers two separate paint schemes I am not sure which one is screen accurate if you think these are accurate please let me know. Search goldenarmor and it should pop up. I don't know how good the quality is but I am thinking of getting one if it can pass for a screen accurate one.View attachment 527851View attachment 527852

Stay away! Golden Armor is a known recaster and was kicked off this site for recasting other people's work. Don't support his shady habits, please!

Thanks for the heads up, this was the first thing I found on the search engine and it looked promising but I am glad you replied before i or someone else bought something from him. Do we know who he stole the cast from so we can buy directly from them?

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, this was the first thing I found on the search engine and it looked promising but I am glad you replied before i or someone else bought something from him. Do we know who he stole the cast from so we can buy directly from them?

Thanks

I am afraid I don't know that answer. It could be from anyone. Search their website name here on this site and read the threads about them, the guy who runs it will pretty much recast anything he can get his hands on, so the source of the mask can literally be from anywhere or anyone.

Damn, and I finally thought we found a screen accurate one! will never buy from a recaster.
these are really hard to come by, the only one on ebay, is also goldenarmor.

if anybody here has one he is willing to sell or something like that, let me know please :)

I aquired one years ago seems pretty decent still unpainted though, the bummer is I can't remember where I got it, if I remember I'll let you know. Good luck with your search :)

I would also be interested in a cast of the original mask, I would to make a replica from genuine wood, but I would reproduce exactly the veins, and their position and the patina, and I want to add a genuine iron nose cover.
Already found some pictures and a good screenshot, but it would be easier if I have a cast of original mask than from photos.
I would make a collection of "ethnic looking" carved from genuine wood or natural material, but only prop replicas.
-arumbaya fetish from tintin
-loki mask
-golden fertility idol from indiana jones
Already have some potter wands.
and other, maybe tribal looking weapons or other antique looking props, would be very funny!

I decided to try and sculpt an accurate one myself.
I have been looking all around the web. and boy! I came across some of most awful customer service ever (Etsy), one of them ( a member here I believe) even called me a troll for not agreeing with his price.
That kinda sucks as I try to give the best customer service when talking with people.
anyway, that's my experience with trying to find this.

64D68FE7-81F4-4E0D-ACC2-E8D1C9673FA7.jpeg
I thought its going to take more, but i did some
research and a lot of people were suggesting using butternut because its easy to carve. I first used a dremmel with a pointy bit (I’ve attached pics with the bit creases) but it wasnt smooth. I bought a woodburning kit after from amazon and it worked great (the wood smelled like burnt for like 3 days and i just used a toothbrush in between the creases and it doesnt smell anymore
64D68FE7-81F4-4E0D-ACC2-E8D1C9673FA7.jpeg
594AD319-8CE7-4328-8D99-4051D9A9E094.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back