Logan's Run Sandman Gun build-outs.

Re: Working Sandman Gun build-outs, Movie to TV conversions, care & handling, etc.

I never tire of seeing that thing.

Re: Working Sandman Gun build-outs, Movie to TV conversions, care & handling, etc.

Me neither. One of my all time favorite movie guns. Only one that comes close for me really is the blaster from Blade Runner.

Here's a nice shot of one of the movie versions w/ the terminal in place.

164103-sandman-gun-working-calcium-carbide.jpg

Last edited:

Agreed. :thumbsup

Me neither. One of my all time favorite movie guns. Only one that comes close for me really is the blaster from Blade Runner.

Re: Logan's Run Sandman Gun build-outs, Movie to TV conversions, care & handling, etc

"I know some guys like to shoot it in the house and chase the Cats and dogs with it" :D :lol

Re: Logan's Run Sandman Gun build-outs, Movie to TV conversions, care & handling, etc

great gun.could I get the length of the three tubes.and what custom valves your using.and were can I get calcium carbide without having too buy ten pounds of it. thanks a bunch rylo....

Last edited:

E-bay is where you can get the CC

Not sure I understand your question. The valves are custom.

great gun.could I get the length of the three tubes.and what custom valves your using.and were can I get calcium carbide without having too buy ten pounds of it. thanks a bunch rylo....

Last edited:

Great thread, I'm only chiming in so I can get subscribed.

Thanks for making these available and all of the necessary info for care & use of this awesome replica!

No problemo'...thank you.

I just have to chime in and say how much I love my working gun, this is the prize of my collection. :)

How do you attach the front fin?
I have one of your non firing versions.

I really like JB Quick. Score the metal on the fin and the flash cage first and you'll be in business.

Awesome,
That is what I was thinking of using but thought I should ask first.

Thanks.:thumbsup

Just run a bead down the fin and clean it up with your finger. Makes for a nice welded look when seated. I use the same stuff on the grips.

Have fun!

Awesome,
That is what I was thinking of using but thought I should ask first.

Thanks.:thumbsup

E-bay is where you can get the CC

Thanks Apollo. just ordered some. Hey rylo I read somewhere that your guns are twelve and a half inches long. I made a mock-up of one and got twelve inches. I was just wondering the length you came up with for your front cylinder the middle one.and the chamber in the back....

Actually, that's not correct.

With a little homework (Google is your friend) you'll find a number of blueprints on-line that reference the target dimensions that many find favorable. Keep in the mind the flash cage slides over a portion of the center barrel so you'd want to allow for that when building up a static piece. My build features multiple pieces in the cage alone so I'd have to practically draw a blueprint to properly break that down for you.

-Rylo

Thanks Apollo. just ordered some. Hey rylo I read somewhere that your guns are twelve and a half inches long. I made a mock-up of one and got twelve inches. I was just wondering the length you came up with for your front cylinder the middle one.and the chamber in the back....

I'm not building a static piece.going for a working model. would you happen to know the exact pressures on the the chamber?

For obvious legal reasons I'm afraid you're on your own if you want to attempt to build a working prop. I simply do not advise on that sort of thing. Again, nothing on my prop is a found item; it's all custom. That said, I look forward to seeing a system of your own design on a separate thread. I'd like to avoid derailing my own thread discussing that sort of thing.

Best of luck!

I'm not building a static piece.going for a working model. would you happen to know the exact pressures on the the chamber?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back