Logan's Run DS gun speed build

evlares

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
this is an M in M kit i've had around for awhile. I started last Saturday morning, and swore i would be done by Sunday night...waiting for the paint to dry is the slowest part, anyway i decided to go with the used/worn look. i know under the black you see resin or grey primer, but i figured a gun of the future might be made of polymer, not metal...it's my second try at weathering, so be nice :) Tim . PS i'm a lefty, so i relocated the holster clip to the other side.
P1020164.jpg

P1020163.jpg

Looks sweet, but weather it some more. Go over some of the corners with a fine file or sandpaper. Although the thing doesn't have a holster to be pulled out of, the barrel and such should get some more weathering on the sides. After all, a Sandman wrestling around, fighting off cubs all strung out on 'muscle... it's gonna get smacked around!

So, I gotta ask. Why haven't you painted the trigger, screws, switch & glowplug?

-Rylo

ha...i knew someone would ask that!! it originally was a clean, as built, brand new build...until i rubbbed through the paint putting a coat of lemon pledge on it... i like the trigger silver, but i know it needs to look older...also i have no idea how to age the screws...any help would be awesomely appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance, Tim. PS you gotta remenber im a total newb when it comes to weathering, so all suggestions will be appreciated, and remembered!! :)

I know this is an old post, but to me it looks weathered. Like a gun that has seen a great deal of field use.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back