Little help for airbrush painting

emersonyahir

Hello friends: like you can see, I'm new on this. I just buy my first raw P1 costume and my first airbrush. I bought liquid latex paint and liquid latex pigments, and some acryllic paints for airbrush. My problem is I don't know nothing about airbrush paint. Can anyone give me some information or advice on how to paint with an airbrush? I have knowledge of painting pictures, but never had the pleasure of painting with an airbrush. Thak you.

Emerson Marino.

I am extremely new to airbrushing too and my advice would be get as much practice in before you launch into your suit. Experiment with the airbrush using your brush at different pressures and distances to get a feel for the spread of paint you get. The consistency of the paint is crucial but many ready for airbrush paints don't need diluting. Use the web to find tutorials or even invest in a DVD or book on the subject. Getting air pressure/paint thickness/spread of paint etc. is tricky at the beginning but gets easier with use. Gravity fed airbrushes tend to need less presure than siphon fed ones. Most tutorials have you making continuous lines of dots of different sizes, crosses and sweeping lines. All of these train you how to use the airbrush and practise makes perfect.
Sorry I can't give advice on painting latex as I've only ever worked on resin. Techniques are slightly different as the paint used on latex needs to be flexible. Plenty of other guys on the Lair have loads of experience and hopefully will be of some help.
Have fun and enjoy. Lets see some progress shots once you get going.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back