Lightsaber Molds

man that thing is in rough shape, definately a poorly made mold. I would get a refund from the seller before its too late if i were you, the amount of work to fill in all of those bubbles and file out the warts doesnt seem to be worth it. Yikes

Now that I can see from your cast that the lowest set of frags on the grenade body is visible out of the clamp (they should be inside the clamp) I'm pretty sure the ANH is cast from an ICONS lightsaber. The emitter looks like it too.

The EP3 used the same ICONS grenade and booster with a different handwheel, clamp and emitter. So the EP3 is too big around.

With EFX making an exact EP3 replica cast in resin and chromed for $90 I doubt you would find many buyers for that one.

I don't plan on selling any sabers, and I just stuck the molds back on eBay a couple hours ago, but thanks for the info now we know where these are from more than likely.

Wait....

You opened a case with eBay...

...but then you put them back up on eBay for sale?????

You stated in this thread that the molds were "horribly damaged" yet in your auction you just state that "there are some airbubbles and other problems." You also claim that the detail molds are fine, but I can see damage and air bubbles in the photos you posted here.

As far as I'm concerned, you're selling recast molds, and being just as deceitful as the seller you bought them from.

You should be following through with your dispute, and resolving this the ethical way. If it isn't overturned, then you just eat the $125 and learn a hard lesson. Happens to all of us at some point in the hobby. You'd be getting off lighter than many of us. I lost almost $2000, and I know of others who lost far far more. Your cavalier attitude about all this is frankly pretty disturbing.

Because eBay ruled in favor of the seller. I may have stated horribly damaged yes, but nothing that someone else can't fix up and remold, according to the people I was talking with in chat yesterday since these are ICONS Saber Molds, and since ICONS folded on diong these, they made them before Master Replicas ever did. And from what I understand don't hold the license to them anymore. Then it's supposed to be OK from what I understood from the people I talked about it in chat with. eBay told me that if I wanted to I can send the molds back to the seller and get a refund from the seller, but I don't want to get cheated twice by sending the molds back to him and never hearing from him again. Frankly I could care less if the molds bring any funds in and what I will also do is add a couple more photos to the auction of what the damaged sabers look like.

Last edited:
These aren't ICONs molds. They're recaster molds made from an ICONs saber. And the circuit board part and the pouch most certainly aren't ICONs; they're stolen from someone else.

Whether or not the company is still making them, doesn't change the fact that it's somebody else's work. If you were to make or buy a mold of one of my sabers, I would be pretty pissed. Same if you did the same thing to a Master Replicas saber. Just because someone once held a license and doesn't anymore (or never did at all), doesn't mean their work is fair game to just slap into silicone and make copies.

You've been here long enough that you should know better.

And what if whoever buys them from you is unsatisfied with how bad they are or finds out they're recaster molds? Will you offer them a refund like you wanted from the original seller?

Despite the advice from everyone in this thread, you've just decided to do what's best for your wallet, instead of what is moral and best for the community.

These are not molded from an Icons saber. The "gear" (which is what we called it back then) is totally wrong. Icons' gear looked like T-track going around a cylinder, that gear is a more modern "booster" shaped replica.
The pommel cap is also a dead giveaway that this isn't an Icons cast. The only thing that could be mistaken for an Icons part would be the emitter, although it looks more like an early 5postboy recast to me.

From his now listed as canceled Free offer in the junkyard: http://www.therpf.com/f13/canceled-131458/
I made up a batch of these hoping that I could sell a few on eBay with no luck so I'm just going to give them away minus the cost of shipping which will be $4 for each piece with tracking. I have 5 Pommels and 5 Pouches, the Pommels are confirmed to be castings made off a old ICONS Saber that they no longer have licensing for and I believe ICONS is no longer in business, and the Pouches are unknown. The pouches are about 3 inches high, the pommel is about the same. Both are solid resin.
Just going to basically give these away since I decided not to sell any of them, but as long as you can cover the the shipping, it's all good.
Here are photos of what they look like there are no resin warts on any of them or warping from what I can tell, the pommels do need a bit of cleaning up from what I can see. The D-Ring Hole on the Pommels needs to be drilled out though. One per person or One Set per person.

I'll ask again in this thread, since the other may be deleted. Who confirmed this as an Icons cast?
Until my post here, no one in this thread has made any definitive statements as to the validity of that claim.

Last edited:
The grenade looks like an ICONS to me, without having it in-hand it's hard to tell.

That booster looks like a Parks.

Chen made his emitter like the ICONS, as did the early SD's and DH's.

I disagree on the grenade, it certainly is sticking out of the clamp like an Icons, but a bit too far to be an Icons.
Anyway, the top of the frag section where it meets the stem is the wrong angle, and the real giveaway. Here is a good thread w/ some pics of an Icons saber for comparison.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-first-weathering-icons-ob1-131274/

As for the saber as a whole? It appears to me, to be an amalgam of early to mid 2000's RPF artisanal parts.

@PepMaster
Offering casts to the RPF would not be ethical unless lineage were to be nailed down, and permission from the sources was granted.

Last edited:
Defstar knows he and I rarely agree on anything, but this is one post I wholeheartedly agree with. Especially the last line. :thumbsup

You got suckered mate no shame in that i know i was once before and i know i'm not alone, i bet most of the people who posted in this thread have been too.

Just take it as one of lifes lessons never buy in a hurry and do your research before parting with your cash.
Don't just ask someones opinion either make your own comparisons see if what you're being told matches up for yourself.
Especially do some real digging with anything off eBay that place is full of sharks.

I'd cut my losses and chop the moulds up and bin em.

Just an FYI..... The props at fox studios for ep2&3 were handled by Jaks . That company was set up by Lucas for all 3 prequel films. Any yes there is such a place and yes the props were all made on site as were the sets and just about everything else. Trust me on this one.

Just an FYI..... The props at fox studios for ep2&3 were handled by Jaks . That company was set up by Lucas for all 3 prequel films. Any yes there is such a place and yes the props were all made on site as were the sets and just about everything else. Trust me on this one.

Not that you're untrustworthy, but we shouldn't even have to take your word on it. It's kind of in the bonus material on all the prequel DVDs! But those are so obviously not production molds.

Well, I know to stay in good standing, I should jump on the band wagon, and say how awful, it is to resell these items. But I don't real give a flying plop about recasting. I don't do it myself, because I don't want to get kicked off of here, and I try not to buy recast stuff so I can stay here, but I really don't care if someone recast me, and I really think the lot is a bunch of winners, for winching about recasting, when that is all we do here. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. THAT IS WHAT WE DO HERE. We see a prop we like, and we recreated, stealling the "intolectual property" of the prose, and make money off of it. Then when one of use get a screen used prop, or casting of one, we all ask, "can you do a run of castings". But then when someone recasts, that recast, or recreation, of someone else work, we all wine, "boo, hoo, your so evil, for steeling, that I stole" :(

You have all these folk saying these are recast, but not one of them has said beyond a doubt how actually made them in the first play. It could have been the scum bag that sold them to you. He could have made the originals based on an icons, and other replicas, and then casted his own work, and just said it was from Fox, to make it look more valuable, then his own work. No-one here knows for a fact that, that is not what happened. I have seen a lot of scratch built stuff over the years, that is based off of icons, and others, because they were clear representations, then some blurry pic.

Until one member comes forward, and says "that is all my work" and shows pics to proove it, I don't see anything wrong with what your are doing. (other then you REALLY should have told the folks in your auction the true condition of the molds, that really want very nice. even if they could clean them up, they should know what they are getting, even if you didn't)

I'm so sick of folks saying, "Oh, you unknowingly bout something we think is recast, you should toss it, and burn it" You work hard for you money, we all do, no-one should just though money away, just because of a simple mistake.

Plus, just because the folks here, are winners about recasting, doesn't mean there are not plenty of folk on ebay that would be just fine with molds of a recasted item.

If you don't want the parts, I think you should sell them, but just be clear about what they are, and the condition they are in. Tell folks that you don't know who made them, that they may be "recast" and that they are in bad shape, and if someone else buys then it's on them. Or give them as a gift to a kid or something.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back