Lightsaber calc bubbles

Hi all,

when I pressed my bubbles on my Obi-Wan lightsaber ... it came to live :eek
Luckily my friend Alexander was there and took a photograph with my old
Crown Graphic Special. Hence the picture is in sepia. :lol

GraflexLightsaberNewRepublic.jpg~original

Chaim

P.S. Joerg told me that all the leftover calculator bubbles have been trashed by TI
... so indeed landfills are the place to dig Clutch :lol

Last edited:
Hehe. Cool picture. Another thing I have seen people do is they back the strip with some chrome tape. What brought this on? Is there any photographic evidence to show that there may have been tape behind the bubbles?

Hehe. Cool picture. Another thing I have seen people do is they back the strip with some chrome tape. What brought this on? Is there any photographic evidence to show that there may have been tape behind the bubbles?

None that has been found so far as I understand it. In the photos from ANH the bubbles appear dark... looks like no tape in there and it was the bubbles reflecting the dark area where the clamp comes together. Then again, the photos of the Vader ESB reveals the calculator display still attached. Seems unlikely that if the part didn't fit the Graflex clamp they would modify the metal instead of the part that is easily disassembled. Maybe the MPP clamp was already damaged and they jammed that portion in because it was thick enough to hold.

Who knows... :wacko

FWIW, my blast-tech ones come with the chrome tape...

WTF! an Exactra 20 just sold for $201.50 on ebay? Makes my $18 seem a steal even without the box.

I suspect we may see that one back on the market when someone doesn't pay. Buyer's remorse should kick in soon.

These things typically run $30-$40 (often less). I've followed a lot of them over the past several months. There's usually at least a couple listed every week.
Prices tend to go up on parts when popular RPF threads are discussing them, but this is ridiculous.

Utter madness I tell you.:lol
You know Chris you might be right. When they come round to their senses they might realize what a T**T they have been. I suspect someone put a silly high bid down not expecting it to reach it?:eek

Last edited:
:eek :wacko

The Exactra 20 that I've shown here went for $21.06 but that was before everyone went
looking for flattened sides :lol

Most of mine cost around $75 but that's including postage to The Netherlands.

Chaim

P.S. Anyone interested in a TI 2000? Bids will start from $200!!! Sorry ... just kiddin :lol

Last edited:
Didn't that calculator come with the box and all the fixin's though? Perhaps a genuine calculator collector bought it? lol!

I've got two gutted Exactras here, but can't find it in my heart to throw them away. I tried putting a replica bubble strip in one, but the bubbles are too close together.

I say,

So when James comes up with a perfect replica bubbles-strip ... we can expect all the old calculators with replica bubbles going back on ebay :confused
Hmm me se think se me se not so happy :cry

Unless you used it for the Vader lightsaber with the board still attached to it ... then the calculator would be destroyed beyond repair.
So until James or his associate comes home with a perfect run the Exactra's are still REAL on ebay. Grab them while you can guys! :love If your looking for the authentic vintage "screen"-used effect that is ...

Chaim

Last edited:
While the plan it to cast a just removed from the calculator, un-modified bubble strip- I will say that the caster and I did talk about putting a small 'tell' in the casting so you could identify these from the real thing.

The 'tell' would not be on the part used in the saber, but on the part that you have to cut off the ends.

While the plan it to cast a just removed from the calculator, un-modified bubble strip- I will say that the caster and I did talk about putting a small 'tell' in the casting so you could identify these from the real thing.

:thumbsup

Waiting with great expectation!

Any chance of replicating the board behind the strip also for Vader sabers?

The 'tell' would not be on the part used in the saber, but on the part that you have to cut off the ends.

Curses! :lol

The thinking is, if you buy a real TI calculator from ebay, open it up and see the 'tell', at least you'll know that it's not a real bubble strip.

Yes, of course. What I said was in jest. I would be highly pissed to buy a replica thinking it was the real deal.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back