Lifesize Terminator 2 Stage 5 Schwarzenegger bust paintup

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I bought this raw resin bust from a UK eBay seller years ago. It was so covered in pinprick sized air-bubble holes (especially around the human eye) that I gave it up for a lost cause and it's been sitting in a cupboard for years. Over the course of doing numerous paint-ups since relegating it to the cupboard I have found however that Citadel paints are thick enough to fill and smooth small air holes without having to go to the trouble of using a filler on each tiny one before painting. With this knowledge in mind, I dug Arnie out of the cupboard and decided to try to fix him up.

There were still a LOT of air holes in the resin that were large enough to require filler - especially around the torn skin sections - and a few of the skin "flaps" were missing due to poor casting. There is a FANTASTIC full page photo of this finished bust on p140 of The Winston Effect, so I used that to help re-sculpt the shape of the missing skin flap ends. Thankfully the thicker Citadel paint I used for the skintone base colour did indeed fill all of the masses of tiny air holes. You'd never know that this looked like something I considered throwing out at one point.

The endo eye that came with the bust was utter junk. A HORRENDOUS squashed, mis-shapen, shrunken thing. I ended up chucking it out and making a new endo eye from scratch using a round wooden bead that I drilled out and used my dremel to etch the detail lines onto.

I was going to get a custom human eye made for this bust, but I was at a flea market and found a PERFECT vintage glass eye sitting in a display cabinet. 26mm with 11mm hazel iris! And mine for £4. Result! (Glass eyes with iris sizes of 11ish mm usually have to be custom made as ALL commercially available eyes have the iris in a 13-14mm diameter these days).

Anyways, he's still not finished, but I'm pretty happy with the paint work now. Just needs eyelashes, eyebrow, wig and T-shirt. And then he can go with my Stage 4 damaged Arnie, my T3 laserscan Arnie and my doughnut head T-1000.

Terminator.jpg

Terminator2-1.jpg

Now almost exactly one year after my original post, I've FINALLY gotten around to finishing this bust with hair, eyebrows and eyelashes! He's been sitting in storage, but I now have a permanent display room for him so got round to completing him. (click for larger images)

Terminator (3).JPGTerminator (2).JPGTerminator (4).JPG

And with some friends:

Terminator (1).JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back