Lifesize PVC Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton - Finished!

terranewf

Hey there! I'm George and I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I'm currently working on a scratch-built T-800 endoskeleton. I started this project in November of 2013. My goal is to build the entire body with PVC pipe. I've attached a couple of photos to show some of my progress. I was test-fittng the parts when these photos were taken and they're not all cemented yet. Happy to be here!View attachment 301630View attachment 301631

Attachments

• IMG_00001074.jpg
    IMG_00001074.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 1,224
  • IMG_00001071.jpg
    IMG_00001071.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 1,469
Last edited:
Re: Lifesize Terminator T-800 Build

So far, I've used every size from 1/2 inch up to 4 inch. Had to make a device for flattening the pvc also. Almost finished the knee joints. Some ideas I thought would work didn't, but I'm learning as I go and it's been fun. The most difficult parts to make are going to be the pelvis and chest piece, but by the time I get to them I should have things figured out. It should be about 6'2" when it's done. Thanks for the reply.

Looking good. How well does PVC take paint?

If you rub it down with acetone first, it glues and paints quite well. When you glue PVC, you are supposed to buy the PVC "primer" and acetone lists PVC priming as a key use on the bottle.

Are there any updates to this project?

It's easier for me to use PVC at present time than metal, so I'd love to keep following the progress of this so I can make my own.

I'm hoping to have the knee joints finished and attached this weekend. I will post photos soon. As for painting, I'm learning as I go. I made a pvc E-11 blaster last year and I used a grey primer and gloss black spray paint. No issues, but I think I should have used a clear coat also. If you want to use pvc as your medium - be prepared for the massive amounts of dust it creates and wear a proper respirator. I've made such slow progress on this project because I work long hours and only have weekends to work on it. I bought a T-800 papercraft model CD that I use as a reference for detailing. The photos on the CD are great. Thanks for following.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the knee joints completely finished this weekend. I'm awaiting hip replacement surgery and it gets extremely painful after sitting for long periods. However, I do have some photos of my progress. At this point, I've made almost 500 parts and still have more to make before the lower legs are complete. My Dremel is my friend! IMG_00001099.jpgIMG_00001100.jpg

I decided that I'd look at one more thread and then go to bed.
Looked at the first scaled up image for about a second before I caught myself thinking: "Yep, that's a subscription."

I was going to say that the straight edges on the leg seems to wiggle a little, but then I saw the knee parts and they don't have that problem at all.
Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Also, I have questions;
Are you going to make the eyes light up?
Will it be poseable?
And what tools do you use?

Hope your hip problem is solved without hassle.

I'm using designs from a papercraft T-800 CD for reference. I've had to make all my own templates. All rough-looking edges will be sanded smooth before final cementing and painting.

Last edited:

Thanks. I bought the skull model because making one from scratch from PVC is way beyond my skill level. I know my limits. As for tools, I'm using anything I have available at the time. The eyes will have red LEDs and real looking acrylic dentures to replace the vinyl ones on the model. Not sure if I can do poseable, but I'm going to try.

Last edited:
Re: Lifesize Terminator T-800 Build - WIP

Finally found some time to get back to my project. Made some progress on the thigh pieces. Still have a lot to do. Probably the worst thing about working with PVC is that it's only 1/8" thick, so for parts like the thighs - I have to cement several pieces together to achieve not only the desired thickness, but also the extra rigidity. More to come.IMG_00001153.jpg

Re: Lifesize Terminator T-800 Build - WIP

Are you working just pipe or with flat sheet as well? Flat sheets come in thickness upto 1/4".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back