Life Size Collection Thread

salute.gif

thud.gif

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3767-1.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

Here are my Life Size T-800s' from Sideshow Clean and Combat versions, also had Life Size C-3PO but returned it for refund as I was loosing interest in that one, also have the HCG 1/1 Alien full figure preordered.

So much great stuff! I love it all.

Though mine are not finished I have an 1:1 R2 A6, RC controlled droid in the works (linked in my signature.) I also have the beginnings of the U.S.S. Defiant Captain's chair in the works from DS9. That's a very slow project though. I am still working out the dimensions and materials of extant pieces.

Wow. Guys! That's some amazing stuff there, and some collections are simply breathtaking! I really don't have that much to show off, except for my R2-D2. It's built by me, lots of scratchbuilding (frame, legs, feet, some detail parts) with R2 builders club parts added (dome, other detail parts). Here's a pic of him at a 501st event earlier this year:

r2onset.jpg

Still work in progress but it is still lifesize wearable costume design & can easily be converted to statue in any dynamic phose.

The legs are also done.

Ironmansept09009-1.jpg

Ironmansept09008-1.jpg

Ironmansept09013-1.jpg

Ironmansept09011-1.jpg

This tread is so cool, so much awsome display and how they are displayed to not mention the waste space people got to diplay these props. Thumbs up.

Ironmansept09012-1.jpg

Last edited:
That R2 is amazing. What techniques did you use to weather him with?

Acrylics, and actual wear and tear ;)
A fellow R2 builder asked me if I could do a live weathering demo on his droid at FACTS Con this year, so there will be a demo video of how I weather stuff soon. Posted on the R2 builders club of course, but it's free to join for everyone :)

btw, brilliant work on that Iron Man TMP!!!

Last edited:
@TrapJoe: Your Yoda and my R2 have briefly met each other at last year's Jedi Con (R2 was still all clean back then):
jedicon2008-32.jpg

Not the best pic, I know... but still. Are you going to be there again next year? :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back