Life Size 1:1 REAL METAL Machined General Greivous

Transportation won't be a problem since you can break it down into many pieces.

If it gets sold ? Who talks about selling..and what? There won't be only 1..there will be as much as the people asks..we will be shipping parts each month to the subscribers of the interest thread..and the money will go to..manufacturer..machiner..and the person who helps to draw and design the pieces..

I want this project because it may end up cool..not because of the potential money making..

Here I got some screen captures form the making of Greivous..
He is complexed I know..but not as complexed as I expected :D

cap0048ec.jpg

Originally posted by xmart@Dec 8 2005, 12:07 PM
Transportation won't be a problem since you can break it down into many pieces.

If it gets sold ? Who talks about selling..and what? There won't be only 1..there will be as much as the people asks..we will be shipping parts each month to the subscribers of the interest thread..and the money will go to..manufacturer..machiner..and the person who helps to draw and design the pieces..

I want this project because it may end up cool..not because of the potential money making..
[snapback]1131584[/snapback]​

Sorry, I misread the intent of the project -

I do think it is a cool idea, and if you follow in the footsteps of the R2 builders club, and establish a master set of blueprints, that would definate get people interested.

I wouldn't start from teh fingers. If this were to start, I'd start with the head. Everyone can pitch in and we can commision a sculpt of the head ad get that cast in resin. At least then if someone would want to stop ata certain point, they'd have somthgin to display and not jsut some fingers or a hand. Then you slowly do the torso, then move to the extremities.

:D
Originally posted by TFrosst@Dec 8 2005, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't start from teh fingers.  If this were to start, I'd start with the head.  Everyone can pitch in and we can commision a sculpt of the head ad get that cast in resin.  At least then if someone would want to stop ata  certain point, they'd have somthgin to display and not jsut some fingers or a hand.  Then you slowly do the torso, then move to the extremities.
[snapback]1131593[/snapback]​

I'll really consider this idea. Thanks

Oh also I just noticed that he is not full metal in the movie..Most of the coveralls are "bone colored" armor pieces..which do look like bones

So they should be overcome with a good professional sculpt..do I hear some"h.." :angel

Originally posted by xmart@Dec 8 2005, 11:12 AM
Here I got some screen captures form the making of Greivous..
He is complexed I know..but not as complexed as I expected :D

cap0048ec.jpg

[snapback]1131589[/snapback]​

You know.... not being able to a write proper sentence about how "complexed" he is does not inspire confidence that you could manage a complex project.

Regardless of how many captures you've got "form" the making of Grevious.

Dude don't be a jack***..and stop being unkind to people who are trying to achieve something beautiful..

Go and become a grammar teacher rather than wasting your time with props..

Clay Here,

I will be happy to assist in any way I can. I have lots of connections with various sources to help with what we are wanting to do here. I am on board....

CLay

Originally posted by appliedmetal@Dec 8 2005, 07:32 PM
Clay Here,

I will be happy to assist in any way I can. I have lots of connections with various sources to help with what we are wanting to do here. I am on board....

CLay
[snapback]1131604[/snapback]​

Here is my man. :D

Truly. That was uncalled for Micdavis. Not everyone has English as their first language and we'd all be so lucky to speak another language.

Lets pick shall we:

"You know.... not being able to a write proper sentence about how "complexed" he is does not inspire confidence that you could manage a complex project.

Regardless of how many captures you've got "form" the making of Grevious."

Your posting SHOULD read like this:

You know.... *N*ot being able to a write *a* proper sentence about how "complexed" he is does not inspire confidence that you could manage a complex project. Regardless of how many captures you've got "form" the making of Grevious."

So after 11 years and ridiculous sums of money, I'll finally have my very own hunched over replica (that is likely missing a few pieces). Sweeet.

Just teasing - sorry :)

While I admire your spirit, the actual project would be a logisitical nightmare. Shipping costs, payment collection, people moving, dropping out, etc. I did runs of droid callers that were hard enough - this project has the potential to be the albatross of the RPF.

Good luck, though - try to get this done for at least yourself.

Todd

Gents

I can definately offer my services here when it comes to making structural frames, some joints and armoured plates.

I do a lot of cast aluminum but plenty of sheet steel work too.

Its a doable project. Kinda like my approach to the battle droid. It will largely be made of steel.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Dec 8 2005, 07:40 PM
Gents

I can definately offer my services here when it comes to making structural frames, some joints and armoured plates.

I do a lot of cast aluminum but plenty of sheet steel work too. 

Its a doable project.  Kinda like my approach to the battle droid.  It will largely be made of steel.
[snapback]1131616[/snapback]​

That's the spirit I want..as you can see on the title.. I want this to be a group project..not everyone has the same skills and everyone is a master on different side..Lets say you are the master of steel and frames, howard is the master of the sculpts, clay is a CNC machiner pro and so..

When we put together all of these talents, there is nothing that we can't overcome

This does sound interesting and if we could first see how much it would likely cost overall first, and then start at the head working down, we would see where everyone stands. One thing though... If someone does miss out for a few weeks or for a part, will extra parts be available for them to purchase?

Originally posted by ImprisonedFett@Dec 8 2005, 07:48 PM
This does sound interesting and if we could first see how much it would likely cost overall first, and then start at the head working down, we would see where everyone stands.  One thing though... If someone does miss out for a few weeks or for a part, will extra parts be available for them to purchase?
[snapback]1131622[/snapback]​

First we have to come up with numbers..prices and aprox. value of the whole project..than I can see if we will be able to come up with extras/replacements.

Firsty maybe we should ask ourselves..how much will this worth if everything shaped perfectly? I don't want to come up with something that will have later updated part versions..such as the v.03 chest plates..v0,2 fingers etc..

Everything must be done for once..and until it's believed to be completely perfectly accurate it shouldn't be offered to people

If we ever get to do this project.. I promise each of you a sound board from Hyperdyne that includes Greivous coughs to complete the thing :D

Why don't we just give it a few months for Sideshow to read about the interest and whip one up themselves ? I can see the price tag on that one :lol <JK>

XMART - In all seriousness though, it's an interesting idea. I've toyed around with the idea of making one myself someday. Fiberglass / cast pieces of course. Even the thought of that is intimidating in it's own right, what with the expense of silicone for soo many molds and all.

I'm sure there is at least one other artisan on this board that might be considering doing this as a life-size project in glass ... this could be a good or bad thing, depending on where your intentions may lay. If we're talking a not-for-profit group effort, then perhaps this could be more of a blessing. The joining of forces, so to speak.

The only other thing to consider from "MY" perspective, would be enough interest due to the fact that ROTS was a huge disappointment to many.

Still, if said project got off of the ground, I'd offer my assistance in the molding/casting respects of it all.

FP

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back