Let's see your ANH / ESB Stormtrooper costumes!

Some excellent looking troopers, nice work :thumbsup

Here's a pic of my ESB armour:

2547035540098520108S600x600Q85.jpg

What I've done so far:

Changed out the belt to a canvas one, attached to the ab armour with poppers.
Attached the canister using metal clips.
Rubber gloves with ESB handguards.
All "butted" parts connected with strips.
NO velcro!
ESB decals on the lid from trooperdecals :thumbsup (including the one-piece blue stripes on white for the cheek tubes).
There's no gaffer tape, but the armour does have subtle wear 'n' tear weathering on it from use.

There are a few other things I want to do, next on the list is sorting out the holster.

Cheers, Gord.

Wlcome aboard the RPF Bernard... and that's a damn nice ROTJ suit that you have there :thumbsup
Although many people see the ROTJ trooper as the 'ugly cousin' of the Stormtroper world, I have a soft spot for them ;)

Part of the reason I started this thread was to see the *extra* measures that people go to, in order to make their suits more ANH accurate (canvas belts, riveted-holster, painted boots, rubber gloves etc.)....
But arguably there is much more work involved in converting a fan-suit back to being ROTJ spec - as your hard work has shown. :)

Cheers,
John

Thanks John, I couldn't have done it without you letting me pick your brain...Its not an original, but I got as close as I could with what I had :)

great thread John!
here is my suit...

that's right... technically the dirty boys are ANH! (though i'm sure that's not what the thread is really looking for!)

i'm still not happy enough with my sandtrooper to show anything off. i'm building a new backpack and gun, and still working on my weathering.

but still, nice to see the unclean side of ANH!

C'mon people... 2 whole months and we've run out of authentic ANH/ESB Stormtrooepr costumes?

I love my GF 'idealized' Stormtrooper costume... but I crave *accuracy* :love

Cheers,
John

PS - Nice costumes Gord and Crow.... lots of hard work and skinned knuckles to get to that stage!

Last edited:
Great Troopers,Guys!:):love
I´m looking for ANH-Bubble-Lenses..has someone a contact to buy or is selfmaking this type of lenses? :confused
please send me a PN...

I'm pretty sure its illegal to bulls-eye womp rats in the Grand Canyon... :)
i dont know that a nation park isnt it? i mean they cut down all the trees before they turned it into a national park lol if it was a natiopnal park back then it would still have all the trees. lol:lol

i took these today as comp pics between 2 diff helmets (just finished an AP)...
armor is no diff than my previous post =)

SDS Battle Spec:
DSCF1357.jpg

AP:
DSCF1361.jpg

SDS:
DSCF1358.jpg

AP:
DSCF1360.jpg

SDS:
DSCF1359.jpg

AP:
DSCF1364.jpg

And...the AP:
DSCF1361.jpg

DSCF1362.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

My armour may not be as accurate as some available but i have tried to add some movie quality to it.....

CopyofANHStuntFX_TE2008.jpg

CopyofANHStuntFX_TE2011.jpg

CopyofANHStuntFX_TE2020.jpg

CopyofANHStuntFX_TE2018.jpg

CopyofANHStuntFX_TE2015.jpg

Hand painted helmet, no decals
TE2Build067.jpg

Rubber hand guards and gloves
CopyofCopyofANHStuntFX_TE2011.jpg

Canvas belt and holster held on with screws
ANHStuntFX_TE2022.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back