Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - RESTART - Jan/2016

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Udate: Back Done

With out the Pep file you cant say that a part will be disproportionate to the suit. You need to know all the scales for this for each part. Seeing as the size is going well for Jagger ive continued with the same scale on all - Hence, it will be proportionate to the rest.

In terms of low poly, we work with what we have got. If you have a higher quality model feel free to jump in!
I have separated the model ive got into parts, and gotten rid of the messy faces everywhere and maintained the scale of everything.

At the RPF we try to stick by our word, coming in here with two posts claiming its ALL WRONG with nothing to back it up and saying you COULD DO IT BETTER, how about jumping in a providing some example of how youve done something to others how to do it better, and leave negativity at the door. We know you have said the problem is with the model, so if you can provide better then please do so, otherwise dont bother complaining as its all that is available.

Looks like someone is trying to do what I originally started at the 405th.com. Here is some constructive criticism for you:

The model you are using for the pep work is not correct. Its the low poly version. So unless you know how to model or know some one else that does, its not accurate. There are a lot of details missing especially in the head.

Also I had to modify every piece before I made a Pep file as the original modelers were not taking into account that it could be one day worn as a costume. Not to mention there are a lot of parts that intersect on another on the model.

As for what you have built so far the shoulder piece is way too small and is gonna be disproportionate from the rest of the suit.

I've figured out how to fix all these problems and I may release the file in the future once my build is complete. If anyone is looking for the models try ripping them from the game or finding someone else who has.

I saw this on google. Im making the Sector/cyrax cosplay with a friend, and i was looking for help. Can anybody help me? i've got the chest by pep files, but can't find helmet or arms =S

Awesome work, Can't wait to see it finished up :)

If you need them, I do have a pretty nice model of the helmet, unfolded and all. Just got it a few days ago:

Cyraxview.png

This is where I am now:
bf51f8c6.jpg

holy crap! wish is had ur patience to put that together lol cant wait to see it progress!

Wow, dats a lot of smaller components, well detailed! Cant wait to see the final product

you can find quite a few MK files on the pepakura gallery...

With out the Pep file you cant say that a part will be disproportionate to the suit. You need to know all the scales for this for each part. Seeing as the size is going well for Jagger ive continued with the same scale on all - Hence, it will be proportionate to the rest.

In terms of low poly, we work with what we have got. If you have a higher quality model feel free to jump in!
I have separated the model ive got into parts, and gotten rid of the messy faces everywhere and maintained the scale of everything.

At the RPF we try to stick by our word, coming in here with two posts claiming its ALL WRONG with nothing to back it up and saying you COULD DO IT BETTER, how about jumping in a providing some example of how youve done something to others how to do it better, and leave negativity at the door. We know you have said the problem is with the model, so if you can provide better then please do so, otherwise dont bother complaining as its all that is available.

Yes it is gonna be disproportionate to how Cyrax really looks. You can see just with the pic of his shoulder the guy is too big. The shoulder pad looks tiny in comparison note the photo below. There was nothing wrong with my criticism. Maybe you should develop thicker skin if it bothers you. Seeing as you aren't even the original poster then why are you jumping to his defense? Are you his boyfriend or something??? I said what i said because too many people are in such a rush to complete their projects and they end up looking like garbage. I go for quality over quantity.

Yes it is gonna be disproportionate to how Cyrax really looks. You can see just with the pic of his shoulder the guy is too big. The shoulder pad looks tiny in comparison note the photo below. There was nothing wrong with my criticism. Maybe you should develop thicker skin if it bothers you. Seeing as you aren't even the original poster then why are you jumping to his defense? Are you his boyfriend or something??? I said what i said because too many people are in such a rush to complete their projects and they end up looking like garbage. I go for quality over quantity.

Well so far, ill take your lack of any work to show as nothing of quality to actually show ...

AND , since I fixed the model and unfolded the pep file, im CONFIDENT it is the right size. LOL, you view one pic BARELY showing a human for size comparison, and you start crying. Poor baby!!!

ONCE AGAIN, if you're not going to be nice at the RPF, then go annoy school kids instead- im sure the maturity levels will accomodate you well.

@ thealfa: of course its gona look a little disproportionate to the actual Cyrax, but thats not to say that it isnt quality work. Cyrax is digitally rendered charter, who has his own 'video game' proportions. there is a very slim chance that anyone would be able to make a wearable suit that matches Cyrex's proportions perfectly.

@elro: i second that.

Well so far, ill take your lack of any work to show as nothing of quality to actually show ...

AND , since I fixed the model and unfolded the pep file, im CONFIDENT it is the right size. LOL, you view one pic BARELY showing a human for size comparison, and you start crying. Poor baby!!!

ONCE AGAIN, if you're not going to be nice at the RPF, then go annoy school kids instead- im sure the maturity levels will accomodate you well.

I will actually fit the proportions damn near perfect. You wanna see my progress go to the 405th.com its there. I'm not going to post the same thread twice. I'm sorry but you can't be a character correctly if you are too big. I'm glad you are confident that your pep file is SOOO great but if that shoulder piece is any indication you better go back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

I will actually fit the proportions damn near perfect. You wanna see my progress go to the 405th.com its there. I'm not going to post the same thread twice. I'm sorry but you can't be a character correctly if you are too big. THERE ARE NO FAT SPIDERMANS!! Get what I'm saying? I'm glad you are confident that your pep file is SOOO great but if that shoulder piece is any indication you better go back to the drawing board.

I totally disagree with you! Personally im not too big for characters but I have seen plenty of larger people doin characters they love, and why shouldn't they??? Same with race, why should someoe of a certain ethnic origin not be alloowed to cosplay a character because said character is white and they are asian or black?!
What gives YOU the right to put down or bash someone that wants to do something they have a love for if they feel comfortable enough in their own skin to do it!
Personally I think you are abit of an ass for making such statements which is nothing more than bullying! You are the sort that probably sniggers to himself when he sees a plus size woman cosplaying wonder woman etc! If you don't like it or think its not right to you then just keep your snide remarks to yourself and let people be happy with what they want to do!!!
Oh and I have seen some slightly larger spidermen, captain americas, wolverines.....

@alfacyrax:
based on you line of thought u dont like female versions of male charters too. well i for one love female versions of male stuff and it would be a tragedy if women stopped doing that. one last thing chill out dude its just a costume why are u getting you knickers in a knot? it not a personal attack on you if someone elses costume isnt perfect. if you do think that way i think you should keep your comments to yourself, we dont need your bad attitude.

@everyone
lets try to get this thread back on topic before an admin issues a warning. k? ^.^

CYRAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is Awesome, i would love to get my hands on this pep, and Sector if possible..

Has any progress been made recently? I'm looking to use the helmet and forearms for a cosplay of mine, I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction!

Anyone looking for the helmet file I posted earlier can be found on the Pepakura gallery :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back