Leon: The Professional glasses?

Thanks for the link Charm, think I'm going to go ahead and get one. Great price on it and never hurts to have a variant hat.

You're welcome guys.
For those interested in the less violent side of Leon's character/costume...

I also was able to find the piggy oven mitt for cheap, although it took a bit of figuring to get it to me. After seeing a guy selling them on ebay for $75 a piece, I thought... that's too much for an oven mitt! I also figured he must have gotten them from somewhere so in my infinite wisdom, I did an exhaustive web search and found that these mitts still are made and you can buy them in Japan! They are available for only 714 yen which is under $10 US. If you use Google Chrome with translation you can see this page in English. If you speak/read Japanese, you're golden!
http://item dot rakuten dot co dot jp/p-bit/14-27/

Yeah, I came across one of those a while back. I was contacted by a member here who wanted to sell me one. But the costume already was pricey and the "Piggy" oven mitt wasn't essential, so I passed. Eventually I'll pick one up, my ultimate goal now with this costume is constructing or purchasing a replica of Leon's leather case. A board member is making a very very limited number of them, but they are going for $1,600, while I want this prop very much it will have to wait until I finish my current projects. But I went ahead and ordered the variant Leon cap, it looks good and the price was great. Though I feel the lady who knitted mine did a great job too.

How did you find the exact pair of sunglasses that Leon wears? I've looked for ages all over the place and could only find the crystal clear yellow pair which I got reasonably priced from the same website that the piggy oven mitt is on. Rakuten: ? Nostalgic stock limit early unused Jean Paul GAULTIER Jean-Paul ????????? JG58-0072-3 round yellow yellow rare thing discontinuance of making ?- Shopping Japanese products from Japan

Anyway, where did you find them? Please if you could tell me I'd greatly appreciate it. I must know!!

Well along the way on my search for the clear model, I also came across the honey color, black and tortoiseshell frames (I bought them all) but just kept checking the web and of course ebay, which is where I finally found them. They are all quite rare since the line is long out of production and the clear ones seem to be the rarest. Just keep looking and maybe you'll get lucky too.

I came across the honey/crystal yellow, black and tortoiseshell pairs as well. I got the honey pair because it was the closest pair I could find that matched Leon's. You must have thrown down some serious cash for all the colors. How much did you pay for the crystal clear pair? I can't believe you found them on Ebay! I've been checking there on a regular basis for a long time now. Can you remember the search term you used? I use "Junior Gaultier 58-0072" or just "Junior Gaultier" or even "Gaultier". I never found that pair listed or even in past listings that sometimes come up in Google searches. When exactly did you purchase them? Sorry for the barrage of questions. I'm just curious.

Like I said, I got lucky. My searches on ebay were "Worldwide" and I used every combo I could think of John Paul Gaultier, Junior Gaultier, 58-0072, Clear sunglasses, round sunglasses, Leon, The Professional, etc. I ended up finding them from a British seller who listed them as John Lennon sunglasses but he still used the model number so that came up in my search. I knew better than the Lennon description of course and jumped on them. Simple, right? I got each of the other colors for about $100 and the actual clear ones for $160 including shipping.

Like I said, I got lucky. My searches on ebay were "Worldwide" and I used every combo I could think of John Paul Gaultier, Junior Gaultier, 58-0072, Clear sunglasses, round sunglasses, Leon, The Professional, etc. I ended up finding them from a British seller who listed them as John Lennon sunglasses but he still used the model number so that came up in my search. I knew better than the Lennon description of course and jumped on them. Simple, right? I got each of the other colors for about $100 and the actual clear ones for $160 including shipping.

Ahhh, I see. Well, you definitely got lucky. I'll have to check worldwide and keep on checking. Maybe one day I'll get the crystal clear color, but I gotta say I am pleased with my honey color. I mean how many people who go out and decide to create a Leon outfit buy the actual model sunglasses. You got a great deal on the clear ones. When you complete your outfit you should post a pic. I'll be posting a pic of me in my outfit at some point in the future! Thanks for answering my questions!

Here's me in my Leon gear with the honey colored 58-0072-03 Junior Gaultier sunglasses.

101_0665.JPG101_0666.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back