Leon: The Professional glasses?

These are the Black Eyewear Chico MCCS Matt Clear Crystal sunglasses that i purchased for my costume which is still in construction.

317026_10100425837110905_9412996_51854661_1752967775_n.jpg

Looks great so far. Any chance of a closer look at the belt and holster and have you got a source for the weapons vest ?
Thanks.

Yeah, Once i get my vest completed, which is going to be quite a task. I'm going to take some more photos of the completed costume.

In the mean time, I finally received my correct wool cap for the costume instead of the make shift one featured in the photo.

DSC00112.jpg

Also to answer you question, Apparently the vest has a Bianchi X15 Medium holster sewn onto the side of the vest for right hand drawing. There appears to be a pouch on the right which contains his switchblade and what appears the be a razor?. The left contains a shell holster for rounds fitted for the revolver he carries in the directors cut. The vest however of course is strapped to a weight lifting belt which carry's Leon's grenades and a holster containing his Bolt Cutters. You can get a good look at all of this by watching Leon if you freeze frame like i did myself.

Last edited:
Just tacking onto this thread, which I found while searching for Leon shades. This probably reads like an ad, but I have no affiliation with any vendor!!

I searched and found Zenni Optical, an online maker of low cost glasses/sunglasses etc that has a frame that is very similar to those worn by Leon, but at a fraction of the price of the Chico CC frames.

They are frame # 220012, 43mm round lenses in a 'gray' plastic frame. You can find them by entering 220012 into their webpage seach box.

order_color_5_72.jpg

and they cost $10 for the frame, with various additional lens options, including prescriptions, tinted etc etc.

At that price, I think they'll be close enough for me - ordering a pair now, in my distance prescription, polarized 80% grey tint, a/r coated for about fifty bucks. They can do non prescription lenses (like regular sunglasses) - check the site for info on that.

Cheers...

Very cool. Always wanted to see a close up of the actual pair he wore. I believe the Black Eyewear one's from Roope's match them pretty identically.

I decided to be Leon for Halloween this year and so I started to look for the props and clothing it would take to be authentic. I found the hat online made on an Italian hat website. The gun and compensator was easy. I am still looking for an acceptable coat, but I have no doubt I will find it. I plan to make the ammo vest and case myself as I work in the special effects and have access to a many materials, artists and technicians. The prize though, is the glasses. They can't be made or replicated with any realistic ease but after many months of searching I finally found the same brand, model # and color glasses Jean Reno wore in the film. They are Junior Gaultier 58-0072 Clear frames with gold metal embedded in the arms/ear handles.

Leon_Glasses_01.JPGLeon_Glasses_02.JPGLeon_Glasses_03.JPG

Last edited:
Wow. Nice job on tracking down the original glasses! Would love to have those, but I have to say beyond the end of the ear pieces and missing logo on the side, they are practically identical. Thanks for the photo's so I could get a genuine comparison. Good luck with the coat, I managed to find mine just browsing around thrift stores. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Do you happen to have a link to the website that makes the hat? I'm curious to see if theirs is worth buying to replace the custom one I had made.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back