LED-FLEX

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JKolton

EXCEPT YOU CAN TIE IT IN KNOTS.

Saw this stuff on Gizmodo.com thismorning, and I thought all you tallented guys here might be able to find some creative uses for it. *cough*TRON*cough* :)
Kind of like the love child of EL wire and LEDs.
Here's the link to their site:

http://www.mulelighting.com/ledflex/

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mtsbspidey

"LIGHTSABERS."

that's what i thought when i saw it too..."impervious to shock and vibration" according to the website...i'm thinking very bright sabers you can really go at it with...very fun...skott

linkproductions

Originally posted by mtsbspidey@Mar 21 2006, 09:37 AM
"LIGHTSABERS."

that's what i thought when i saw it too..."impervious to shock and vibration" according to the website...i'm thinking very bright sabers you can really go at it with...very fun...skott
[snapback]1210149[/snapback]​

but they dont make portable inverters for the led flex, they just have the big inverters that are 2 feet long

linkproductions

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem@Mar 21 2006, 11:30 PM
If they're just L.E.D.s, why do they need an inverter?  Wouldn't a simple regulated power supply work?
[snapback]1210726[/snapback]​
read the whole thing