leatherworker alteration?

disasterology

Jr Member
Just wondering if this is something someone has ever looked into or if it would be worth a shot. In the event I order a UD Replicas Arkham Knight suit and I find it to be too big, do you think an experienced leatherworker would be able to alter it into a way to make it fit better, similar to how a seamstress would alter clothing? If it's too small, I can always lose a little weight that's not a problem, but let's hope it fits just right!

I would definitely call UD Replicas and have them walk you through the measuring process. While in theory, an experienced leather tailor/seamstress COULD alter a larger size to fit, the intricacy of design and construction of most of the UD line, IMO would either scare them off or cost as much as a new jacket to alter.

I've seen the Arkham Knight suit in person, most of the detailing is in molded pieces. I don't think it could be easily altered. Best to give David a call about sizing. While doing that ask him about altering and get his opinion.

Yeah, to repeat batdemon, call David/UD and have them give you specific instructions on measurements, then go to a professional seamstress/tailor and have them, the professionals, get your measurements as directed by UD Replicas. That's your best bet because I would imagine UD suits to be either impossible or very, very expensive to alter.

Of course I'm going to call David, but I was just curious about my question. I don't think I have time to see a professional tailor or seamstress to get professional measurements in order to take advantage of the Black Friday sale which ends on Monday, so I had to utilize the next best option, my Mom haha.

Just walk into a Macy's or nordstrums type store. They will measure you for free.
That's a great idea I didn't even think of that! I think the measurements that were taken were spot-on though. I had her measure multiple times and David even told me on the phone the sizes I was ordering were matching up with my actual shoe size and pant size in normal everyday life, so it all looks to be good! Can't wait!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back