Layer Cake Daniel Craig Dunhill Jacket!

Jameel Ur

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Guys,
My new project will be Layer Cake Daniel Craig Dunhill Double Side Finished Leather Screen Accurate Jacket.
Hopefully, I'll share the sample images next couple of week.
I had seen some replicas but those are not screen accurate, so I decide to develop a sample for this jacket.

Stay in touch.
layer cake 10.jpg

Heads up,
Our first sample has been done.
I welcome your suggestions.

Attachments

• layer 3.jpg
    layer 3.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 265
  • layer 2.jpg
    layer 2.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 149
  • layer 5.jpg
    layer 5.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 175
  • layer 6.jpg
    layer 6.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 163
  • layer 7.jpg
    layer 7.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 178
I’ve been waiting for an accurate replica of this jacket for years and years! Will the final version have the white contrast stitching?

Just to be sure also, you mean bigeffectprop on Etsy yes?

I’ve been waiting for an accurate replica of this jacket for years and years! Will the final version have the white contrast stitching?

Just to be sure also, you mean bigeffectprop on Etsy yes?
Congrats!
You found your favorite jacket version.
The original jacket has grey thread but we have in done in cream color thread too.
This jacket few more jackets going to post on bigeffectprops store in next couple of month.

Attachments

• IMG_1535.JPG
    IMG_1535.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 174
I remember once Mr. Rick told me the original jacket was darkest brown instead black, here are the very dark brown jacket images.
That jacket made with cream color thread.
We offering both version, dark brown with cream thread and black leather with grey stitching.

Attachments

• IMG_1535.JPG
    IMG_1535.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 113
  • layer 1.jpg
    layer 1.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Layer Cake jacket is available for sale.
I'm offering this jacket in two colors, black with Grey stitching and dark brown with cream stitching.

.The price would be $350 including shipping.
.Custom size accepted without any additional charges.
. Available in two colors Black & Brown.
.Turnaround time 4 to 6 weeks.
. I accepted PayPal But prefer WU.
. Also orders would be accepted by big effect prop store too.

Last edited:
Not bad. Were you working with Rick from Filmjackets? He had pics and measurements of my old one. I have a different size now. Lost weight and got lucky to have had two originals.

As an owner of an original Dunhill I have a few suggestions.

The stitch count needs to be higher per inch/cm for the construction as well as the trim. I’ll try to get you an accurate stitch count later today.

The inside of the cuff should be folded over brown unlike the hem of the waist. I’ll get you a pic.

The red looks pretty good in pics. I have some paint samples (Behr chipotle paste is the color name) that are an exact match but I need to get the actual Pantone code. The outside is absolutely brown with cream stitching. The brown can sometimes look black as it’s about the color of espresso.

So far though, yours looks better than most replicas I’ve seen.

And a couple more to hopefully show how dark this brown is. i don’t own a black leather jacket but this is a black calfskin dress shoe. As the photos show, lighting can make it look almost black but under bright light it’s clearly not black, hence espresso.

IMG_1931.jpeg
IMG_1933.jpeg
IMG_1934.png

I too have the original Dunhill Layer Cake jacket.

To give more info on the Behr color "Chipotle Paste"

From the Encycolorpedia:

Behr Chipotle Paste PPU2-01 / #683e3b Hex Color Code​

The hexadecimal color code #683e3b is a medium dark shade of red. In the RGB color model #683e3b is comprised of 40.78% red, 24.31% green and 23.14% blue. In the HSL color space #683e3b has a hue of 4° (degrees), 28% saturation and 32% lightness. This color has an approximate wavelength of 604.39 nm.
Unfortunately Home Depot doesn't have the color cards for Chipotle Paste any more, but you can always get a sample (it's still in their computers) and see which Pantone number is closest. Online converters give several possible choices.

Not bad. Were you working with Rick from Filmjackets? He had pics and measurements of my old one. I have a different size now. Lost weight and got lucky to have had two originals.

As an owner of an original Dunhill I have a few suggestions.

The stitch count needs to be higher per inch/cm for the construction as well as the trim. I’ll try to get you an accurate stitch count later today.

The inside of the cuff should be folded over brown unlike the hem of the waist. I’ll get you a pic.

The red looks pretty good in pics. I have some paint samples (Behr chipotle paste is the color name) that are an exact match but I need to get the actual Pantone code. The outside is absolutely brown with cream stitching. The brown can sometimes look black as it’s about the color of espresso.

So far though, yours looks better than most replicas I’ve seen.
Hey,

I'm gald you shared some good info here. Yes, I was working with Rick Rick Theriault since 2012 to 2016.
We had done some great job for him and Layer cake jacket was one of them.
I have old order details, if you share your name so I can find it out.
We use stitch counts 7 per inch that is standard in leather industries.
Rick shared the red color reference please check below image.
IMG_20230519_134458_892.jpg
IMG_20230519_134540_684.jpg

I couldn't find original pictures so I shared hard copies.

Attachments

• IMG_3554.jpeg
    IMG_3554.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back