Latex Mold?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Boba Frett

Sr Member
I have about 4 gallons of slushing latex just sitting around that I am not using , I need to make a mold.
I have made a lot of molds over the years , but only one latex mold, and since I am only going to make 2-3 casts from the mold , I would rather use up some of the Latex instead of dipping into my silicone.

So here's the question. What is the best additive (if any) to thicken up the latex , instead of putting dozens of thin coats and grindings on my master?
That's what I did last time but it took me forever to make the mold.

-=Kenny=-

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

REL

Sr Member
Latex filler might be what you want. I've had the same problems you have with latex in the past, if you put on a layer too thick it won't cure in the middle. If that's not what you're looking for you can call them and they'll get you what you need.