Latest addition to my BLADE RUNNER collection

No big deal: my chicken is just better fed. :lol

Seriously, I never noticed the "chicken inflation" before. Considering that Mick made the on-screeen chicken 23+ years ago and hadn't made any until my personal appeal back in '03, I'd say he worked pretty well from memory. ;)

- Gabe

You can tell the folds are correct. It's most likely just due to the size of paper he started out with. ;)

The scaling may be off a tad, but it was done by Mick. That alone should forgive any size inaccuracies. :D

Originally posted by Fetthunter+Jan 15 2006, 07:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fetthunter @ Jan 15 2006, 07:23 AM)</div>
You can tell the folds are correct.  It's most likely just due to the size of paper he started out with.  ;)[/b]

chicken_3.jpg

chicken_4.jpg

Many of the folds are incorrect and some are missing.

<!--QuoteBegin-Fetthunter
@Jan 15 2006, 07:23 AM
The scaling may be off a tad, but it was done by Mick.  That alone should forgive any size inaccuracies.    :D
[snapback]1159694[/snapback]​

Not to be rude but, this 'doubting Thomas' has doubted the 'Mick Guy' urban legend from the beginning...

I guess that makes me the "Devil's Advocate", then, eh? :D

I just think that we received "ideal" versions of the chicken that were made with Mick having the benefit of unlimited time to fold them. When he was on the set he was rushed and not working in the best of conditions (smoke and such) as described by Gabe earlier. Ridley is probably lucky he got a chicken out of him, and not a horse or something. :lol

I don't know... The slight inconsistencies don't bother me, and if they ever do, I'll just re-fold those tiny portions that are off and it'll all be "fixed". :D

I never knew that there was a question as to Mick's credentials, and as to whether or not he made the movie chicken. I don't know about that urban legend. If you tell me he's the one responsible for stealing kidneys from people I'll be really upset then. :lol

Great Thread.

Gabe, nice collection. Great find.

Nice list of wants as well.
I have to add one more for myself, The lighted shaft umbrellas. When I saw BR in the theater it was one of the things that caught my eye. Such a simple, taken for granted, everyday object with an unexpected enhancement. Set the whole futuristic thing for me right then and there.

Originally posted by Jedirick@Jan 15 2006, 02:12 PM
Great Thread.

Gabe, nice collection. Great find.

Nice list of wants as well.
I have to add one more for myself, The lighted shaft umbrellas. When I saw BR in the theater it was one of the things that caught my eye. Such a simple, taken for granted, everyday object with an unexpected enhancement. Set the whole futuristic thing for me right then and there.
[snapback]1159821[/snapback]​
And your dream can come true for a mere $6300. ;)

Hey Gabe -

What size is that duck? I don't have any sheet music or vintage photos handy to scale it from. ;) :lol

2", 3" tall?

Thanks.

J

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 25 2006, 02:48 AM
Here you go:
Don't give up. :)

- Gabe
[snapback]1167533[/snapback]​

A tad smaller than I thought, but not by much...

Don't worry, size isn't everything. :love :lol

Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup

I know, I know.... ARGH.................. :cry

We should have placed our starting bids earlier so we could give the other the "RPF courtesy" if such a thing exists (I practice it). Sorry I drove up the bid by 5 pounds - I didn't even see who was trying to out-snipe me... :angel

Anyway, beautiful and accurate - Congrats. (and I'm my own worst enemy. :lol )

- Gabe

Thanks. :)

No worries on the bid. I was prepared to go up to a certain price and not over(which was only about $7 US from the final bid :lol). :)

I generally only go for BIN items. Only recently have I gone back to trying actual auctions... and I still don't believe in bidding wars(thus the sniping). I've lost my fair share of auctions because someone wanted to be an ebay "winner".

If I see an RPFer on an auction I would more than likely let it pass, but I can't guarantee an early bid on my part. :)

Originally posted by tk421mv7@Feb 4 2006, 04:55 PM
I wanna join Duck Club.

I went with this one.  I think it's perhaps a little smaller but there's a lot to like about it. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7386061472

Ducky.jpg

[snapback]1176073[/snapback]​

Hmmmm

Something fishy.
One seller from Thailand
Another from China
Both with 0 feedback

One want $7 USA for shipping, the other 70 GBP ....
both using the same pictures.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-bronze-opium-w...1QQcmdZViewItem

Originally posted by Jedirick@Feb 4 2006, 02:27 PM
Hmmmm

Something fishy.
One seller from Thailand
Another from China
Both with 0 feedback

One want $7 USA for shipping, the other 70 GBP ....
both using the same pictures.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-bronze-opium-w...1QQcmdZViewItem
[snapback]1176091[/snapback]​
I'd have to say it's an error on the part of the seller, unless rates for China are prohibitive for reasons we're not aware of.

On a more fun note, here's what I did to pass my time this afternoon:

Duck_Club_matches.JPG

IMG_2167s.JPG

IMG_2170s.JPG

IMG_2171s.JPG

I call it the "Double Deckard"... :lol (hey, they smoke a *LOT* of poppy in that joint. :D )

By the way - the font I used for "Duck Club" and the top 5 lines on the back is "Goudy Old Style" - the same font used in the rolling text introduction at the beginning of the film, including the header "LOS ANGELES, NOVEMBER 2019." The text beneath "995" was done using Philippes' awesome Blade Runner Spinner font:

http://www.steinschneider.com/bladerunner/BRFont.htm

Oh, and I hope I don't have to state the obvious and explain my homage on the bottom cover spine... ;)

If anyone wants the hi-res file, feel free to e-mail me at proprunner@aol.com

- Gabe

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back