Latest addition to my BLADE RUNNER collection

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 12 2006, 03:25 PM
Guys - no need for jealousy - these things are on eBay EVERY DAY - it's just a matter of waiting until the right one comes along, and as close as mine is, it's still not 100%
[snapback]1157183[/snapback]​

Hey, I know that-- that's where I found the first one. ;)

Thanks for the tip on the size-- I only know if from the caps above, and I didn't know the relative sizes of the photos...

KD

Originally posted by Killdozer+Jan 12 2006, 02:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Killdozer @ Jan 12 2006, 02:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Prop Runner
@Jan 12 2006, 03:25 PM
Guys - no need for jealousy - these things are on eBay EVERY DAY - it's just a matter of waiting until the right one comes along, and as close as mine is, it's still not 100%
[snapback]1157183[/snapback]​

Hey, I know that-- that's where I found the first one. ;)

Thanks for the tip on the size-- I only know if from the caps above, and I didn't know the relative sizes of the photos...

KD
[snapback]1157315[/snapback]​
[/b]
DOH. :p I should have credited you with inspiring my search, KD - will you ever forgive me? :$

BTW - which one is yours:

post-6672-1129867113.jpg

The brass one on the far right looks perfect, the middle one looks like it came from the same foundry as mine. If that's yours, then HOWDY, NEIGHBOR. :D

- Gabe

Cool score.

I nabbed one a couple months ago from a british seller on an online store. Wonderful inventory and friendly communication. I'll see if I can find the site.

It's pretty close I must say (but of course still not perfect). It was quite a search though. THe BR styled one is really hard to find.

I really need to take some pics of my collection. It's not as extensive as yours (still don't have many paper props) but it's got some neat stuff including my in progress ESPER and VK machine.

I've even made appointments with a friend of mine to take some photos on his piano of my own spread. One day soon perhaps.

Nick

Here's where I start drooling... :love

*wipe*

Excuse me.

Anyway, I'm very very jealous. That's a sweet set-up of BR props you've got there.

I wanna see someone come up with a way to do the "fake" photo of Rachel and her mother where it actually animates as it does in the film (in close-up). Maybe as one of those holograms that shifts based on the viewing angle? :lol

And while I'm dreaming, maybe throw a sound chip on it that makes the sound of distant children's laughter.

:D

Man. And all I have is a Mick Guy origami chicken. :cry

;)

Seriously though, great find. :thumbsup

Hey Gabe, do you know if that old origami thread is still around? I can't locate it using the search. I'm specifically looking for pics of the matchstick man, and I seem to recall that old thread having pics of all 3 items (chicken, unicorn, man) in it... :D

I think I've figured out how to fold the unicorn, but it'll probably take tweezers to fold the paper. Lots of folds, and it takes *2* very small pieces of paper. :unsure

Thanks.

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 12 2006, 12:16 PM
P. S. In case anybody cares to know, I damn WOULD turn over the upside-down tortoise baking in the hot desert sun.  :angel
[snapback]1157105[/snapback]​

Tell me, only the GOOD things that come into your mind, about... tortoises?

Gabe do you REALLY think anyone is gonna' drool over that duck? huh? do ya? Hmmm? :eek

It's no big secret how much I love blade runner, and have to admit that I drooled a little. Just a little.

I picked up one of the pop-up TV's from ebay a while back, along with some TV's of the sdame style, and a certain walkie talkie.

And YES, I plan on building a Vk machine, an esper, and we will be building the spinner cockpit interiors for our fan film in a few short months.

Njc--------------------------------------

Fett: nice to see you here, dude. :)

The BR origami thread probably fell off the deep end over 2 years ago, man. Wish it had been archived, but I don't think it was. :( I'm not home right now ( :love ) so when I get back I'd be happy to repost the unicorn and matchstick man pics.

Noeland: it's ok to admit you drool over water fowl. There are websites for people like you... :lol

Nick: and all this time I was imagining YOU having the Mother of all Blade Runner collections. :p I swear that ever since you began feeding that monster "Web of props" thread, it's only inspired my obsession to out-do you. :D I'd love to see photos of what' you've amassed already, including your duck.

Funny you both mention the V-K machine. I and 2 others who have either started designing or building a V-K replica are seriously considering a partnership - a consortium - of BR fans where we'll share our collective skills, knowledge, and resources to build the ultimate V-K machine. Like the R2 Builders Club. And not just one or two... In fact, I just days ago registered the domanin name: www.voightkampftest.com and am drafting a proposed project partnership agreement and mission statement. So if you two want to be a part of it, drop me an e-mail at proprunner@aol.com and I'll add you to the mailing list.

That goes for anyone here. :)

- Gabe

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 14 2006, 02:33 PM
Fett: nice to see you here, dude. :)

The BR origami thread probably fell off the deep end over 2 years ago, man.  Wish it had been archived, but I don't think it was.  :(  I'm not home right now (  :love  ) so when I get back I'd be happy to repost the unicorn and matchstick man pics.

- Gabe
[snapback]1159062[/snapback]​

Many thanks. I look forward to seeing the pics (again). :D

And yeah, this stuff should *really* be archived so we don't repeat it again and again. I've seen the same type of thread so many times, I question my sanity more than I normally do. :lol

Here you go:

unicorn_org_04.jpg

chicken_org_01.jpg

Note: that's actually Mick Guy's hand placing the chicken on the side table. It's the end of a scene that Ridley had edited out showing a close-up of Mick's hand folding the chicken from start to finish. He was dressed in Gaff's costume and had to endure the lung-choking smoke that Ridley had pumped onto the set for that pepetual haze visible in practically every interior shot of the movie. :p

And finally:

MatchMan_1.JPG

:D

- Gabe

Gabe: Yeah I've got a pretty cool collection so far but I haven't worried to much about the paper prop stuff yet. A bit of photoshop and you've got it. I deal with 2d image stuff for a living so the 3d prop stuff is where the geek magic is for me. One day I'll do the pile of photos. They are way cool.

My current job (which has been incredibly time consuming) is about to finish up soon (or at least let up quite a bit) and I'll finally be able to spend a bit of time on some personal geek projects like the VK and plan on building parts very soon. I've spent a considerable chunk of time on this wierd little machine and am excited to share the specific info with fellow BR fanboys. Count me in on your your website project.

I've been promising pics for a while. I promise to finally deliver soon. 12 hour work days 6 to 7 days a week have been the norm for the last 6 months on the flick. All good things come to those who wait (and bust their hump.).

Feel free to get a hold of me at nickdaring@hotmail.com and we can talk this stuff over.

Nick

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 14 2006, 06:18 PM
Here you go:

- Gabe
[snapback]1159240[/snapback]​

Thanks, Gabe. :thumbsup

I was trying to get a screencap today during the matchstick man scene when Gaff sets it on the table. I SWEAR it looks like a straight pin sticking out of the matchstick man's "butt area", point facing down. If it's not that, it's one sharp piece of wood. It's used as the "3rd leg" the figure balances on.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by tommin+Jan 14 2006, 07:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tommin @ Jan 14 2006, 07:15 PM)</div>
Gabe, could you please simulate the origami chicken screep cap with your own photography? I have a feeling that those are too large.[/b]

It *HAS* to be right. Mick Guy folded it himself... ;)

Geeez, I HOPE it's right... :(

<!--QuoteBegin-tommin
@Jan 14 2006, 07:15 PM
If anyone would like to tackle the unicorn, here is a good place to start:

http://cgi.linkclub.or.jp/~null/unicorn/unicorn1.html
[snapback]1159282[/snapback]​

That drove me close to the brink of insanity a few days ago. I stopped because I decided it was more fun to have a root canal. :lol

Is anyone still making the unicorns? This is enough to make me want to re-start that BR origami thread. :lol

Originally posted by tommin@Jan 14 2006, 04:15 PM
Gabe, could you please simulate the origami chicken screep cap with your own photography? I have a feeling that those are too large.
Thomas: got your PM, will respond ASAP (been out most of the day). Not sure what you mean or are referring to by "those are too large." The items in the photos are of course out of scale. Here's a photo of me holding my Mick Guy chicken:

chicken3.jpg

chicken4.jpg

Is that what you had in mind? I can also take a better pic of the chicken next to a quarter or a ruler - let me know. And sorry for the blurry pics - flash totally washes the chicken out and I don't have a steady hand... :p

Nick: I lost track of Ben Mund years ago and kick myself now for not purchsing his Deckard family photos and piano sheet music set. Here's how they look from his old catalog:

PianoPics2.jpg

He even used serrated edge paper for the arge portrait and added a square crystal glass stain on the sheet music - nice touch. :lol A very talented digital bootlegger, he was.

Think you could whip up your own? I don't recall ever seeing you offer anything by way of prop replicas - I'd be honored to be your first customer if you tackle this as a paper prop project. I'd also be happy to send you hi-res scans of Mund's Replicant family photos.

By the way - I can't believe I registered the www.voightkampftest.com domain with a typo - I'm missing one f. :$ But not to worry: the domain with the correct spelling was still available and Big Daddy's 24/7 tech support swapped them out for me. :D

Look for a "coming soon" page in the next few days... And I'll be looking for your promised photos. ;)

Oh, and I added you to the VK Partnership mailing list. Once I've finished drafting the partnership proposal you'll all be hearing from me. :)

- Gabe

Originally posted by Fetthunter@Jan 14 2006, 10:11 PM
I SWEAR it looks like a straight pin sticking out of the matchstick man's "butt area", point facing down.  If it's not that, it's one sharp piece of wood.  It's used as the "3rd leg" the figure balances on.

Thoughts?
If I had to guess, I'd say it was just a very thin sliver of match - a razor or scalpel could slice it like that, I suppose. Doesn't seem to be solid enough to be a metal pin.

Regarding the unicorn, I'll try and re-establish contact with the paper folder who originally agreed to do these. If she's incommunicado, I may just have to reach out to Mick Guy again, even though he's not the one who made the original. :)

- Gabe

Originally posted by Prop Runner+Jan 15 2006, 01:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop Runner @ Jan 15 2006, 01:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Fetthunter
@Jan 14 2006, 10:11 PM
I SWEAR it looks like a straight pin sticking out of the matchstick man's "butt area", point facing down.  If it's not that, it's one sharp piece of wood.  It's used as the "3rd leg" the figure balances on.

Thoughts?
If I had to guess, I'd say it was just a very thin sliver of match - a razor or scalpel could slice it like that, I suppose. Doesn't seem to be solid enough to be a metal pin.

Regarding the unicorn, I'll try and re-establish contact with the paper folder who originally agreed to do these. If she's incommunicado, I may just have to reach out to Mick Guy again, even though he's not the one who made the original. :)

- Gabe
[snapback]1159553[/snapback]​
[/b]

Cool. Keep me in the loop.

I've spent TOO much time today with a box of wooden matches and an X-Acto knife. :unsure

So... Yeah. Anything would be helpful at this point. :lol

Originally posted by Prop Runner+Jan 15 2006, 12:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop Runner @ Jan 15 2006, 12:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-tommin
@Jan 14 2006, 04:15 PM
Gabe, could you please simulate the origami chicken screep cap with your own photography? I have a feeling that those are too large.
Thomas: got your PM, will respond ASAP (been out most of the day). Not sure what you mean or are referring to by "those are too large." The items in the photos are of course out of scale. Here's a photo of me holding my Mick Guy chicken:[/b]

chicken_1.jpg

chicken_2.jpg

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 11 2006, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I helped him with that, but I'm a perfectionist,...  :) - Gabe
[snapback]1156830[/snapback]​

Will check my pm's shortly... :D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back