Latest addition to my BLADE RUNNER collection

Prop Runner

Sr Member
Today I added the newest found-item prop to my ever-growing BLADE RUNNER collection. It came all the way from Thailand:

IMG_2038s.JPG

It's called a Burmese Opium Weight, or Tikal, and different measures are represented by different animals and sizes. This one is a duck. I won it on eBay and you can find these daily, however this is by far the closest one to the Blade Runner Tikal I've yet come across, and I've privately written all the regular sources of these antique weights in the hope they could match theirs to my screen capture, but to no avail:

BR_duck_rpf.JPG
BR_duck_closeup.JPG

Here's the ended auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Some more views:

IMG_2037s.JPG

She's sitting on an upside-down Italian crystal brandy glass from philippes and next to a vintage shot glass made by the Italian Alesi company as part of an art-deco decanter and shot glass carousel. There are 6 glasses in the set, 2 with blue bands, 2 with red bands, and 2 with green bands. And here, under soft warm light:

IMG_2044s.JPG

And for the benefit of the newbies among us, the rest of my collection:

IMG_2042s.JPG
  1. Vintage Dazor flying saucer reversible table lamp (source: eBay)
  2. C&S blaster (source: Richard Coyle)
  3. leather holster (source: philippes)
  4. "The Snake Pit" matches (source: philippes)
  5. Italian Alesi art-deco shot glass (source: eBay)
  6. Italian crystal brandy glass (source: philippes)
  7. Rachel's fake childhood photo (source: Ben Mund)
  8. Replicant's "family photos," including the cropped blow-up Polaroid of Zhora that Deckard printed using his Esper Machine (source: Ben Mund)
  9. Gaff's origami chicken - one of ten signed replicas hand-folded by Mick Guy of the UK, who made the originals for the film (my first RPF project. :D )
  10. Deckard's phone card (source: Ben Mund)
  11. Antique bronze opium weight "duck" Tikal (source: eBay)
And finally, my personal favorite, Dr. Stranglove's fantasy Blade Runner LAPD badge & leather holder:

IMG_2046s.JPG

IMG_2047s.JPG

I also have various vintage magazines, books, autographed cast photos, and Phil's amazing screen-accurate Deckard wallet & contents replica set & display (no photos will be posted, so please don't ask or make snide comments).

Over the course of my lifetime (short as it may be at this rate :lol), I'm still hoping to acquire, find, or make the following:
  • Accurate all-metal Deckard blaster (preferably one that operates on flash paper or Calcium Carbide)
  • Leon's "Mother's Defender" COP .357 deringer
  • Screen-accurate origami unicorn
  • Deckard's sepia-tone family photos
  • Tyrell's blind-as-a-bat eyeglasses
  • Bryant's dual-Amritron style digital watch
  • Tsing-Tao ribbed saki bottle
  • Johnny Walker square bottle (doesn't actually exist - was a special design for the film)
  • White Dragon Noodle Bar working neon sign - I WILL MAKE IT... :love
  • Full scale Frank Lloyd Wright Ennis Brown House tile (hell, redo my house with a 1,000 of them. :D )
  • Voight-Kampf machine (somebody finally MAKE this thing. :angry )
  • 1939 World Fair Saturn glass table lamp (friggin EXPENSIVE.... >$250 on eBay)
Enjoy the thread, and I welcome your questions & comments. No PMs please. :)

- Gabe

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that how it always goes? One minute you've never heard of some obscure object, the next minute, you've got to have one. :lol

:thumbsup Good score.

- k

Always love to see BR stuff, thanks for posting pics of the entire collection.

Tommin was selling a few of the origami unicorns a while back, but I'm not sure if he still has any.

Originally posted by ToothTech@Jan 11 2006, 09:45 PM

Tommin was selling a few of the origami unicorns a while back, but I'm not sure if he still has any.
[snapback]1156821[/snapback]​
Yeah, I helped him with that, but I'm a perfectionist, and was hoping to get the professional paper folder who introduced me to Mick Guy to make it in quantities for the RPF, but she got married and then was overcome by a life-threatening illness, so it never happened. It's been over a year since I trying contacting her, so maybe I can resurrect the project after all. :)

Doc: you're welcome, buddy. :D I still feel bad for the member who had to let it go... :( Truly an heirloom, and one not soon to be surpassed. :thumbsup

- Gabe

You already inspired me to pick up a Dazor lamp... it's in my living room and even my girlfriend likes it. :)

I also have the shot glass/carousel set. I wasn't really planning on making a BR collection per se, but a lot of these things are just *cool*.

So now you've inspired me to look into these opium weights. Some of the elephant versions I saw were pretty nice. I might get a small set.

Great collection. Good luck tracking down the rest... particularly that table lamp. I think I like the props that you can actually USE the best.

Gabe, That is sweet. I have Deckard Blaster and a COP .357 and a Deckard ID but you have some truly sweet items there.

Great job and best of luck on the rest of your collection.

[Edited pics - RPF Staff]

Originally posted by kdawg1@Jan 11 2006, 10:49 PM
Gabe, That is sweet. I have  Deckard Blaster and a COP .357 and a Deckard ID but you have some truly sweet items there.

Great job and best of luck on the rest of your collection.
[snapback]1156840[/snapback]​
DOH... Forgot about Leon's gun - just revised my list - I meant to include it. :D

Maybe I should add a stuffed owl, too... ;)

Could you also please edit out my first post? It's forcing people to drool twice as much. :p

Thanks.

- Gabe

That is a seriously sweet collection.

I'm building-up a COP aka "Mother's Little Helper'. There are three varients available, static (mine), which is a three-piece kit, gun body, and two handgrips. For a little over twice the cost of the static, is a four-cast+ kit. 2 Handgrips, Main Body, and tip-up barrel. Belive it also comes with 4 resin/fake bullets. Last is similar in price to the second, has the tip-up barrel, but the handgrips have been completely re-done. They claim screen accuracy, but I've personally not seen a detailed screen-cap of Leon holding it.

Jay

Cool info, Jay, and thanks for the comps. :) I'd be grateful if you post or e-mail me the particulars on all 3 COP variants (including pictures), as I'll be in the market for one soon.

Also, if you know, what's your opinion of the $99 airsoft version often featured on eBay?

Thanks

- Gabe
proprunner@aol.com

Man, you really have researched a ton of the minutiae from the film. Very nice collection. You should get a piano to display it all on. :D

I just got the Coyle Blaster last month, my first BR prop. I thought I was hot stuff, but I can see that there is a whole world of things out there beyond the gun.

It is official.. Gabe, you are my idol. :thumbsup
What a great addition to your collection and the hobby. I am one of the lucky few to have a Mick Guy origami chicken. All thanks to you on that.

Now how am I going to explain 'Burmese opium weights' to the wife?... :eek

That is one sweet collection, Gabe.. Congrats on your recent score.

Originally posted by Prop Runner+Jan 11 2006, 11:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop Runner @ Jan 11 2006, 11:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ToothTech
@Jan 11 2006, 09:45 PM

[snapback]1156821[/snapback]​
Yeah, I helped him with that, but I'm a perfectionist, and was hoping to get the professional paper folder who introduced me to Mick Guy to make it in quantities for the RPF, but she got married and then was overcome by a life-threatening illness, so it never happened. It's been over a year since I trying contacting her, so maybe I can resurrect the project after all. :)
[snapback]1156830[/snapback]​
[/b]

I only have the one left now... ;)

img55c.jpg

Originally posted by Force Commander@Jan 12 2006, 08:32 AM
Hmmm, looks like to are collecting memories. We may have to send someone out to "test" you.
[snapback]1157084[/snapback]​
:lol

GOOD ONE...

- Gabe

P. S. In case anybody cares to know, I damn WOULD turn over the upside-down tortoise baking in the hot desert sun. :angel

The real issue is; would you recognize the issue of the bear skin rug and be properly appauled, or focus on the female nudity in the poster?

Originally posted by Prop Runner+Jan 12 2006, 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop Runner @ Jan 12 2006, 11:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Force Commander
@Jan 12 2006, 08:32 AM
Hmmm, looks like to are collecting memories. We may have to send someone out to "test" you.
[snapback]1157084[/snapback]​
:lol

GOOD ONE...

- Gabe

P. S. In case anybody cares to know, I damn WOULD turn over the upside-down tortoise baking in the hot desert sun. :angel
[snapback]1157105[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by Killdozer@Jan 12 2006, 09:30 AM
Awesome.

How does the size strike you? Do you think you got the right weight?

so very jealous...

KD
[snapback]1157119[/snapback]​
Good question - by definition the sizes of these Tikals vary considerably. Judging from the screen capture, the level of detail, proportions, and comparing mine to sheet music, it's dead on for size. :)

Guys - no need for jealousy - these things are on eBay EVERY DAY - it's just a matter of waiting until the right one comes along, and as close as mine is, it's still not 100%

Since I now have one I'm relatively happy with, I wanted to pay it forward. If one of you scores an even closer one, it'll be MY turn to be jealous - unless I outbid you in a snipe and sell you this one... :lol

- Gabe

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back