Laser cut cardstock! Who? Where? How much? Who can help me answer these questions

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi! :)

So here's the deal. I want to end up with a stack of 3x5" cards. There should be printing on them and also some holes in them. It's a very simple design, only a dozen or so tiny rectangular holes and a diagonally cut-off corner.

How do I approach this project? Who can do both the printing on cardstock, and also the die-cutting (or, I'm assuming, laser cutting)? How expensive does this deal have to be? I am assuming the cards can be ganged up on big sheets and cut apart.

Any help appreciated from somebody who's been there and done that. :cool

Karl

call your local printing company. Preferably one that does paper work and sign work. My uneducated guess is that it will probably cost somewhere from 80-200 dollars. If it were me, I would buy a nice large paper cutter, a rectangular hole punch (and make a jig for it). Not as accurate as a die cut, but you can stack them, line up the holes and sand the edges to make em uniform.

Depends on your budget an use

Find your local print shop. NOT the place with the xerox machines. If you don't smell ink, you aren't there. Explain to them your project. Maybe they can be persuaded to let you run your small job on their monster paper cutter. They may even have rectangular pins for punching holes!

Shawn

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back