large scratchbuilt models

barrie

Hi everyone, guess who posted on the wrong forum, yes me, I hope that I am now on the right part of the site. here are some images of my large scale scratchbuilt star wars machines, the largest being a hybrid of the two large scale falcon models, my own effort is bigger than the studio 32 inche version but not as large as the studio 5 foot version, my own works out at 42 inches long 32 inches wide and 8 inches high. Please let me know waht you think of my efforts and I would like to hear fro m anyone who has also built large scale scratchbuilds.

regards Barrie:cool

Please let me know waht you think of my efforts and I would like to hear fro m anyone who has also built large scale scratchbuilds.

regards Barrie:cool
Very, very impressive! Thanks for sharing! May I ask you: does it have any lights? Also, have you weighed it? (I'm curious as to how much a big model like that would weigh, I've heard that some studio scale models are quite heavy!)

Thank you everyone for your comments, I will try to post some more images, any one wanting to see how they were built from the plan up should contact me on my e mail address which is in my profile, I could then e mail a file or as many images as any one needs. As for the wieght I have not wieghed it but all I can say is that in my local hobby shop the falcon is hanging on 6 lines of 4olb breaking strain fishing line.

I will post more images as soon as I can. ps no there are no lights on any of my models a bit to much of a complication for me.

thanks guys Regards Barrie:cool

Hey Barrie, glad to see you on here bud, I'm the Tauntaun guy you read about, welcome aboard!
THANK you, another universe has now opened up to me I so glad that you were kind enough tp piont me in the direction of the universe and beyound,

barrie:cool

It is certainly up there amongst the top 5. Moe's is pretty awsome,even Tim's from way back when, but much more i.ding has taken place.I think the Falcon is almost 100% i.d or am I mistaken?Still, yours is pretty awsome,and it stands out because it is your own scale which I really like.Certainly a trophie worth being proud of and displaying.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back