Large Scale USS Excelsior Class Ships - Whats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry bro that you feel that way. The book is of no consequence to me. Maybe consider waiting for just the standard kit that will be released later with out all the bells and whistles. I bit the bullet because it comes with light kit, decals and painting masks. I could do without George's autograph, but the Excelsior is my fav ship and having it at this larger scale was too tempting.

Aztec Masks.jpgDecals-Recovered.png272532933_464716555139200_4727436743799469650_n.png272702916_1083678909091702_6601438709118078311_n.png

Aztek masks updated in product page on the Epitome-AD site, and Finally, the decal order for the kit was put into microscale, meaning the Kit Ships in 6 weeks to everyone instead of the staggered timeframe. Updates will be posted on a bulletin posted non the product landing page, as well as links to the waitlist and more...

Man, I am so mixed, there. Yay recognition for the true registry of the Hood... but then perpetuation of the Excelsior-Melbourne BS. When the real one was in the very same sequence, not just BoBW. I can accept there being a ship of that name in that class at some point prior to the Nebula-class ship, but even if reactivated to go fight the Borg, it wouldn't have the same number as this ship:

nebula3-rick.jpg

View attachment 1545491View attachment 1545492View attachment 1545500View attachment 1545494

Aztek masks updated in product page on the Epitome-AD site, and Finally, the decal order for the kit was put into microscale, meaning the Kit Ships in 6 weeks to everyone instead of the staggered timeframe. Updates will be posted on a bulletin posted non the product landing page, as well as links to the waitlist and more...

Awesome! I hope that is true about he kits shipping to everyone in 6 weeks. I was near the bottom of the list as one of the most recent purchases and having to wait til end of may or beyond was gonna kill me, lol.

The final kit is in the last stages of development and I know EAD is swamped. Don't dismiss the kit yet, as a insider I know it is in many ways a smaller version of the bill george studio 7' model.
I've waited over 2 years for this kit and have received NOTHING but broken promises and excuses.

Mine was ordered in May 2021. They've had a number of setbacks and delays, but Alexander assures the production is still moving along and kits will hopefully be shipping soon.

View attachment 1536100
View attachment 1536101

Looks like the dorsal/neck piece might be metal:
View attachment 1536102
I've waited over 2 years for my model - sure haven't seen anything remotely like this yet.

I don't think they're including free cookies for people who have had to wait over 2 years. Personally, I'm grateful that emails and text messages receive responses instead of simply taking people's money and then ghosting them. I'm also looking forward to when this kit arrives at my house - the majority of kits in my stash have been sitting there WAY longer than I've been waiting for this kit.

So. for those interested in the kit you should really contact EAD. They have 8 kits left and will never again offer those let alone with the lighting kits, signed and numbered certificates, the Aztek maskings and Microscale Decals. Furthermore, Im sure the remaining orders would go a long. way into helping everyone invested win. (the project is entirely funded by the limited run, and delays occur when funding is reduced.)

They're having a 17%. off spring sale and All orders will ship in April. Also everyone doing Star Trek seems to be getting C&D's yet as high profile as this is.... CBS Viacom have NOT stopped them....?????

I don't think they're including free cookies for people who have had to wait over 2 years. Personally, I'm grateful that emails and text messages receive responses instead of simply taking people's money and then ghosting them. I'm also looking forward to when this kit arrives at my house - the majority of kits in my stash have been sitting there WAY longer than I've been waiting for this kit.
Yeah, but that's only one step above ghosting, IMO. It's an improvement, but in this hobby you can't really be too careful with this stuff, especially at over $500 a pop. I could spend that on a Randy Cooper model kit and while the quality might vary, I'd at least know I'd be getting something in the mail in a few weeks. So far I haven't heard anyone getting anything for their investment, and until someone does it's a good idea to be wary because you don't want to encourage people to throw money at a company and never receive anything.

I didn't mean to sound like minimizing the valid concerns about dropping a relatively large amount of money on hopes of receiving a product. I spent less than this kit's total cost with its multiple add-on options than I did for an Elegoo Jupiter almost 5 months ago, and the printer hasn't shipped yet either. Then there's also that Wand Co. Tricorder which has been delayed by how long now? Or, how about dropping $3K to get on a waiting list for the C8 Corvette, and over a year later still no car. Elegoo, TWC, GM, etc are scamming people? Let's not forget what's happened globally during the last 2 years or the unexpected setbacks EAD had to endure while trying to get this kit manufactured. Again, the investment concerns are valid, and I've been told that at least two people have already been refunded and their orders cancelled. But I've been waiting almost as long for my Corvette as I have for this kit, and I'm out more than 12x the cost (including already-bought accessories) for the car than this model kit. Yes, there are bad apples out there and scammed people have a right to be wary, but there has been a bigger picture lately with supply issues, semiconductor shortages, cost increases, hospitalizations, etc. We've been told Excelsior kits will be shipping in April so let's give the guy a chance to make good on that before getting out the pitchforks and torches....

I didn't mean to sound like minimizing the valid concerns about dropping a relatively large amount of money on hopes of receiving a product. I spent less than this kit's total cost with its multiple add-on options than I did for an Elegoo Jupiter almost 5 months ago, and the printer hasn't shipped yet either. Then there's also that Wand Co. Tricorder which has been delayed by how long now? Or, how about dropping $3K to get on a waiting list for the C8 Corvette, and over a year later still no car. Elegoo, TWC, GM, etc are scamming people? Let's not forget what's happened globally during the last 2 years or the unexpected setbacks EAD had to endure while trying to get this kit manufactured. Again, the investment concerns are valid, and I've been told that at least two people have already been refunded and their orders cancelled. But I've been waiting almost as long for my Corvette as I have for this kit, and I'm out more than 12x the cost (including already-bought accessories) for the car than this model kit. Yes, there are bad apples out there and scammed people have a right to be wary, but there has been a bigger picture lately with supply issues, semiconductor shortages, cost increases, hospitalizations, etc. We've been told Excelsior kits will be shipping in April so let's give the guy a chance to make good on that before getting out the pitchforks and torches....
Im glad there are some people whom are viewing this realistically. EAD will be adding an Updates section directly to the product page with a (court document style minutes) with links to galleries of the project from beginning to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back