Large Scale USS Excelsior Class Ships - Whats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I have reached out to the creative director twice this week with no reply. They have been promising this "major update" pic dump for a few weeks now, so it is getting a bit frustrating waiting for them.

I understand that some drama has happened behind the scenes, so I guess I just need to put on my patience cap and set the heck down and shut up, lol. Just super excited to see the kit and receive mine.

Ditto.

I too have been waiting to see this "major update" that was mentioned to me directly, but haven't seen nor heard anything beyond "major update this weekend" several weeks ago. (And of course there was no update....)

There was a text update to the product listing and pre-order list today.

Assuming everything goes well with the update that they mentioned today I'm thinking we're going to see those kit parts fairly soon....

I think it worth pointing out that the update is under the Add to Cart/paypal buttons. Just scroll through the menu until you reach Product Updates.

I think it worth pointing out that the update is under the Add to Cart/paypal buttons. Just scroll through the menu until you reach Product Updates.

Nope, not seeing any update anywhere on the product page, on the pre-orders list, or anywhere else on the site. The site itself seems messed up with a hard-coded zoom factor causing much of the left-side and right-side content to be cropped and "off-screen". The "To Boldly Go" section used to have 3 pages of products but now shows only 1 page with broken navigation links. The Home > Latest News page hasn't been updated since Dec 26, 2020. I do hope the collector book will not have all the spelling and grammar errors that the website, RPF posts, emails, and text messages have. Getting updates about a kit in this price range shouldn't be like searching for hen's teeth.

Starbase101, click the link and on the right under the Cart and Paypal buttons is a menu selection that you scroll left and right. Scroll until you see the Product Updates section. It's all there.

Starbase101, click the link and on the right under the Cart and Paypal buttons is a menu selection that you scroll left and right. Scroll until you see the Product Updates section. It's all there.
There is no scrolling for me. (Apple Safari incompatibility?) All I see is "WHAT'S IN THE BOX" with nothing indicating left and right scrolling. The site layout is a bit goofy.

There are small black directional arrows to the left and right of the menu, just click them until you reach the Product Updates section.

Black arrows you say? On a black page background? Dare I say that's just plain genius....? Nobody considered white arrows?

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.08.00 AM.png

Last edited:
Silly question maybe...but has anyone reached out to anyone associated with this project for clarification on just what is happening here? Lou Dalmaso's name was thrown around a while back. If it's licensed kit wouldn't Paramount or CBS have something to say about it? Or even tweeting George Takei and asking directly if he has any idea about this company that is using his signature to sell a project?

Or is all of that settled and understood, but it's the quality of the product that is in question now?

I don't mean to be dismissive, but...

Attachments

• star-trek-tos.gif
    star-trek-tos.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 487
I was told NDAs prevent anybody from talking about it until it's officially released for sale, which is kind've silly since they've already got 18 pre-sales and looking for 7 more....so technically it's already released for sale.

I was told NDAs prevent anybody from talking about it until it's officially released for sale, which is kind've silly since they've already got 18 pre-sales and looking for 7 more....so technically it's already released for sale.
Right? If it's available for purchase then it's been released. Shipping delays are completely separate

I have asked for a refund and stated I will buy a kit when I see the finished product.

FYI original emails returned as mailer demon. Contacted through the website and got an odd response from Alex.

Will update when I hear back.

I generally stay out of this stuff, but jeez, this is scary. Poorly worded, collector’s book is still being written and still leaving excuses for why it may not be delivered again! Wow.

I would be frightened if I were one of the pre-order folks. The preview pics were awful with warped parts all over.

These folks should be sharing pics NOW if this product is legit. I’m worried this will be another Anovos story for many people.

PROJECT UPDATES​

UPDATE 04/04/2022:
Upper Saucer and Nacelle Botton and Caps Master Molds Created
UPDATE 04/04/2022:
Decal Replacement Cost updated on product listing page
UPDATE 04/04/2022:
WHEN:
All Kits are on track to Ship Late April./ Early May 2022 (this means that all purchased kits will ship at the same time as opposed to the two per week staggered system as previously mentioned in Alder updates.)
WHY:
We are currently awaiting the professional printed decals from microscale, and some aspects of the final instructions for the assembly as well as the collector book are still being written. (we will not ship an incomplete product.)
ARE THERE ANY OTHER REASONS FOR DELAYS:
The answer to this question is yes and no the reason being know there are not any other reasons for delays with the exception of any potentially needed supplies in terms of urethanes or resins or silicones needed in the production of the kits may or may not be available at the time due to the limitations of the supply chain in its current state but that's another story so the tentative answer to this question is no!

WHO:
25 Pre-order customers will be able to use a password provided after purchase to log into Kit Lists page to track updates on purchase, and shipmenmt. (password if lost can be resent to individual by contacting EAD.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back