Lak Sivrak... Cantina Wolfman bust!

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

I know many of you felt the way I did when Lak Sivrak (oh heck, the wolfman. I can't take those names sometimes. LOL) got the axe in the SE... so I felt it was only fair to include him in my collection :D

Like the others I've done, this one's a custom sculpt by me, cast in latex with glass eyes. The hair is basic "fun fur" which is what Baker used on these when he made them originally (he did the mask initially as a cheap, halloween mask and wound up re-using it during the SW shoot). I added a touch of gray around the face to help finish things off.

Like my Djas Puhr bust (which was actually sculpted after this... I had to wait on the fur to show this one off.) I sculpted the eye area look like someone wearing the mask rather than making it a straight up character. I tried to make that subtle though, as I didn't want it to jump out too much.

I also made sure to paint the teeth nice n yellow with lots of gunk on em.

As always, if anyone's interested, shoot me a PM.

Tom

Wolfman1.JPG

Wolfman4.JPG

Tom, your work is amazing. I share your enthusiasm for the old school names for the characters as well. Any chance of doing Wolfman #2 with the glowing red eyes?

Thanks guys.

I've got one or two more cantina guys coming up as well as some non-sw pieces. I've also got a bit of restoration work lined up, so after these next few I'll probably take a few weeks off from sculpting to focus on that. (Though I'm sure there are a few more cantina aliens in my future.)

Tom

Originally posted by Wampa@Apr 8 2006, 02:46 AM
I've also got a bit of restoration work lined up, so after these next few I'll probably take a few weeks off from sculpting to focus on that.

Tom
[snapback]1222258[/snapback]​

Hmmmm...I wonder what that could be....? ;)

-Zoid

I'll bet you do..

:D

Oh and I missed this earlier...
Originally posted by Hedjii72@Apr 7 2006, 08:42 PM
  Any chance of doing Wolfman #2 with the glowing red eyes?

I'd say a pretty good chance eventually. I really dig that character and have some solid refs. He's not on the bench at the moment, but in a few months, maybe I'll give that one a go.

T

Originally posted by wuher da brewer+Apr 8 2006, 05:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wuher da brewer @ Apr 8 2006, 05:15 AM)</div>
You continue to astound.  Who's next, Dice Ibegon the Florn Lamproid, Lak Sivrak's barmate?
[snapback]1222372[/snapback]​
[/b]

hehe... no, someone a bit more in the shadows than that. Besides, Richie (Rileyreplicas) did a great job on his Dice bust.

Originally posted by The Mantis@Apr 8 2006, 06:47 AM
Phenomenal....nice guy AND talented....can the hobby get used to that combination????
[snapback]1222383[/snapback]​

Aw, go on... :D

<!--QuoteBegin-apollo
@Apr 8 2006, 09:23 AM
Beautifully done as usual. :)
[snapback]1222416[/snapback]​

thankya.

T

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back