KRUPP Coastal artillery - 1/35 MODEL KIT

ZAP

HI Guys

we have a project that i think its perfect to show in this incredible forum , and this one i can show ;)

the laser scan of a abandon 150mm coastal cannon made by Krupp , (the same German company that made the truck Protze that was used for the Firefly) , and the build of the cannon as a 1/35 model , still a work in progress , hope you enjoy it

Canhão.jpgCanhão_2.jpgView attachment Pan-01.jpgPan-02.jpg

the cannon

LS_Canhão_1.JPGLS_Canhão_2.JPGLS_Canhão_3.JPGLS_Canhão_4.JPG

the point cloud of the scan

04.jpg03.jpg02.jpg01.jpg05.jpg

the modeling phase

Imagem 5.jpgImagem 4.jpgImagem 3.jpgImagem 2.jpgImagem 1.jpgImagem 6.jpg

first render

IMG_6813.JPGIMG_6814.JPGIMG_6815.JPGIMG_6816.JPG

first test print , this was not at 1/35 scale , just a print to see the overall look of the model

more to come :)

Intersting project for sure; looking good so far. Since you've said that the length of the canon will be 17.14cm, are you planning on turning that part in aluminium or another type of plastic? I'm thinking warping and sagging over time at that length.

Intersting project for sure; looking good so far. Since you've said that the length of the canon will be 17.14cm, are you planning on turning that part in aluminium or another type of plastic? I'm thinking warping and sagging over time at that length.

Hi joberg , yes formlabs has a type of resin that is good for this model , they call it tough resin , its a black resin , but nevertheless we are dividing the gun in three parts

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back