Kolchak: The Night Stalker - His Gear

This is the coolest thread of the whole RPF. Drudge used to dress like that.

But in my mind, the only person I want in those threads?

BOB ODENKIRK!

Am I right guys?

Better than that kid. Darren should have played that character one last time on C-files.

I’d have Odenkirk’s character seem to be in the 70’s…and when a man was pulled out of cold storage…he discovered that the year is 2075 and computers outlawed…Odenkirk is the descent…a living meme…

Hi all--I too, am on the lookout for the ever-elusive tripod mount/head. If anyone has a line on one, I'd love to snag it. It is (I think) the final piece of my outfit (though I'll probably upgrade the hat at some point, and buy the next size up on the shoes...)

I've got to say that this is one of the more interesting threads that I've encountered.

If I were to cast a vote for who could portray Kolchak today, I would pick Connor Trinnear, who actually resembles Darren McGavin quite closely. He is also about the same age now (52) as McGavin was when he did the series back in 1974.

E

...If I were to cast a vote for who could portray Kolchak today, I would pick Connor Trinnear, who actually resembles Darren McGavin quite closely. He is also about the same age now (52) as McGavin was when he did the series back in 1974.

E
You know, that's not a bad idea. Connor Trinneer is a good actor, has just the right "everyman" quality about him, seems to be in good physical condition, has a good sense of humor...hmm. I think the only problems are that he isn't quite as well known as a lot of actors, and there's allegedly a development in the works involving Disney, Edgar Wright, and Johnny Depp starring as Kolchak. Despite his recent legal problems Depp is more well known than Connor Trinneer, so it's likely Disney would stick with Depp (money talks) or replace him with someone already under contract with them, or...hell, who knows these days?

Disney is working on a Kolchak Movie, which will tank faster then the Reboot Series....
At this point I'll be surprised if it even happens. The articles I read said there has been no forward progress in the last nine years, Johnny Depp's divorce from Amber Heard has lost him some fans, and Disney reportedly wanted to make the movie PG-13 so "kids" could go to see it without concern that it might be "too scary" for them. :rolleyes: Besides, Darren McGavin was so good in the role of Carl Kolchak that he owns it in the same way that Harrison Ford owns Han Solo and Indiana Jones. On the other hand, a lot of fans were convinced no one could play James Bond as well as Sean Connery, but Daniel Craig changed a lot of minds, so...

If they do remake it, I imagine that the action of it might be like TOS BSG and REMAKE BSG. The first was tongue-in-cheek sometimes, and had comedy and a pet ROBOT DOG! The remake featured a lot of special effects and a more gritty, realistic story line. No rum-runners "locked" in jail cells with no locks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back