Kolchak: The Night Stalker - His Gear

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
The costume is pretty much done. All I need now, is the tripod adapter for the camera. I've been checking the internet on a regular basis for almost a year now. Anybody have any leads on one?

So, I'm down to the final touches on the costume/gear. I was finally able to find a tripod adapter. Now, the next obstacle is the attachment for the flash. I saw this posted in the thread a few pages back, but the link shows it as "unavailable" and I haven't been able to find another. Any suggestions?

Testrite Flash Shoe Adapter PRO-A5 B&H Photo Video

53721.jpg

I suppose it might be modeled....and 3D printed ?

Tried the 3D printing. It didnt' hold up under stress, as the part was so small. Think we (might) have found a solution, where I can "McGuyver" something together. I will post my findings here when finished. In the meantime, if anyone finds the necessary parts, let me know.

Good if you found a solution. If not, Shapeways prints in STEEL, but would likely be $50 or so. (or more?) You can pretty much ignore their current LISTED wait times, as they ship much quicker than they say they do.

Always communicate any issues with the MODS (moderators). If you literally just signed up for Premium, It can take a day or two to register. (I hadn't noticed when you signed up for Premium, sorry) I love the hats. :)

I'm putting together a costume for myself. Some items will be accurate, some will just be close.

I've ordered the :

Adidas Stan Smith shoes
SONY TC40 tape recorder
Rollei 16 camera

I'll be getting a light grey suit. I just don't care for the stripes, and from a distance, the stripes look similar to a light grey on the TV show anyway. I have a blue shirt, and black tie for underneath.
I'm making a hat, from something cheap and close enough off of Amazon.

I ordered a replica INS press pass card from Etsy.

I'm putting together a costume for myself. Some items will be accurate, some will just be close.

I've ordered the :

Adidas Stan Smith shoes
SONY TC40 tape recorder
Rollei 16 camera

I'll be getting a light grey suit. I just don't care for the stripes, and from a distance, the stripes look similar to a light grey on the TV show anyway. I have a blue shirt, and black tie for underneath.
I'm making a hat, from something cheap and close enough off of Amazon.

I ordered a replica INS press pass card from Etsy.
Were you able to find the flash "shoe" (where it attaches to the tripod mount)? That's the only thing I'm missing, and I'm having a hard time finding one.

Were you able to find the flash "shoe" (where it attaches to the tripod mount)? That's the only thing I'm missing, and I'm having a hard time finding one.

I bought a $5 shoe from eBay. (w/ free shipping) It's not the right one, but I'm going to 3D design the right shoe from the dimensions of this non-right shoe.
Once I have the camera, I'll print the shoe in steel from Shapeways. Their steel is now smoother in general than it used to be, and it'll function close enough to work.

Last edited:
Wow, I had bid $70 for the tripod mount (including shipping), and DIDN'T win the eBay auction. I had no idea they were going for that or I would have bid more. Up until the last day, it said $29.99 plus $10 for shipping. But I wasn't home during the end, and someone else got it at the last second.

Anyone have a source for this ?

Received my SHOES, jacket, camera and recorder. I have not tested the recorder, that would be lucky if it worked being that old.

IMG_1973[1].JPG
IMG_1974[1].JPG
IMG_1975[1].JPG

Here's my Amazon hat before modification. $18 with free Prime shipping.

The brim is too large which I will leave other than flattening out the sides a bit, but really isn't going to need too much modification other than that.
And the ribbon, of course.

<CLICK LINK> AMAZON - Hat

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back