Knives Out Sweater

Crazybug00

Just wondering if anyone has located the Aran/Cable Knit sweater Ransom wears in the movie? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks all.

Attachments

• chris-evans-gives-his-dog-matching-knives-out-sweater.jpg
    chris-evans-gives-his-dog-matching-knives-out-sweater.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 783
In this article about the sweater, the costume designer from the film claims to not remember the brand, or if it was vintage:

"Costume Designer Jenny Eagan, started giving interviews that built up the mythology of the sweater. She said that she could not remember who made the sweater (she vaguely remembers purchasing it, but does not recall if it was new or vintage or one of a kind), and that it was now missing. (Evans claims to have swiped much of his wardrobe from the set.) So far, no manufacturer has piped up to claim the glory."

Click here

But the article does list a number of very similar alternatives: Aran Sweater Market, Huckberry, The Irish Store

Last edited:
In this article about the sweater, the costume designer from the film claims to not remember the brand, or if it was vintage:

"Costume Designer Jenny Eagan, started giving interviews that built up the mythology of the sweater. She said that she could not remember who made the sweater (she vaguely remembers purchasing it, but does not recall if it was new or vintage or one of a kind), and that it was now missing. (Evans claims to have swiped much of his wardrobe from the set.) So far, no manufacturer has piped up to claim the glory."

Click here

But the article does list a number of very similar alternatives: Aran Sweater Market, Huckberry, The Irish Store
Thank you very much for the reply, there are some very good alternatives in what you posted above. I'm leaning towards it being new, as she states in the article below, but honestly who really knows.

I wonder if Magnoli would be able to do this one, either as on OTR run in cotton or custom knit like the other wool items he has.

cf1445fbb67b44967afe58b041dfa819.jpg

The oversized fit and distressing are pretty distinct, even if you size up the collar will be too wide and the shoulders won’t fit right.

So I picked this guy up for about 60 buckaroos, and let me just say it looks great in person. Plus it's soft. Like really soft. Like so soft. Picture yourself being hugged by a recently shampooed and dry cleaned sheep on a warm summer's day. Softer than that. It's also huge. Mine is a medium which I thought would be tight on me (I'm about 6'1" with broad shoulders) but it honestly looks like I was zapped by a shrink ray and they missed the sweater. No real complaints other than that there is a single thread coming from the middle of it and I don't know whether to snip it or not (thoughts?), but in summation, great sweater.

Where on earth were you able to find it for $60?? I'm jealous lol. I've been dying to get my hands on one but since it sounds like they run large I'd probably be swimming in even the smallest size. (Though to be fair, I am an average sized woman.)
For the loose thread, tie a knot before snipping it off, that should keep it from unravelling anything.

Where on earth were you able to find it for $60?? I'm jealous lol. I've been dying to get my hands on one but since it sounds like they run large I'd probably be swimming in even the smallest size. (Though to be fair, I am an average sized woman.)
For the loose thread, tie a knot before snipping it off, that should keep it from unravelling anything.

I have to thank you cause if you had not identified it on this thread I'd still be looking. So thank you very very much. I picked it up on Poshmark after literally combing through other sites for hours. My only advice to getting this bad boy is search by brand on every possible used clothing retailer ( Ebay, Poshmark, Grailed) and hopefully you'll stumble upon it. I know it's not great advice, but it's all I have :). Cheers

Oh, you're welcome! I'm glad I could help. For anyone else looking, I'd add Depop to your list of retailers. Prices for things seem to be significantly less on there than other sites.

So I recently managed to get the accurate sweater and was looking for some advice. Here are pictures of a screen worn sweater that got auctioned off, does anyone have any recommendations on how to accurately distress the sweater?
AD80F617-6DA6-4C14-9A37-5801DA40FB5C.png

52C29B69-0C64-42BA-9952-4069E7B083ED.jpeg

I’m particularly puzzled by the distressing on the collar (super zoomed in shot above) because it seems like they took apart the outside of it but the inner layers of the collar are still intact?

Any advice appreciated, I’m excited to own it.

P.S. I got two different sizes because I wasn’t sure what size would fit me, if anyone is interested in a New with tags XL still sealed in it’s original plastic bag please message me.

It's hard to tell from the photo but is the collar a folded over and sewn down piece? If so you could very carefully rip through the top/outside of the collar while still keeping the bottom/inside in tact. I don't think a seam ripper would be strong enough, you'll probably have to use scissors. For the other holes you'll have to stitch around the outside to keep them from fraying, similar to making a buttonhole.

The collar doesn’t seem to be folded over, it’s seems like a single layer. Here’s a closer picture showing the inside and outside of the collar

I’ve been poking at it a bunch trying to see how they might‘ve done it, and I’m thinking they cut the vertical rib from the outside then frayed the inside horizontal rib if that makes sense, either way I’m not sure enough to cut anything apart yet haha

D9142593-E0FF-4B2A-B742-4C80FD0BA7DD.jpeg

The collar doesn’t seem to be folded over, it’s seems like a single layer. Here’s a closer picture showing the inside and outside of the collar

I’ve been poking at it a bunch trying to see how they might‘ve done it, and I’m thinking they cut the vertical rib from the outside then frayed the inside horizontal rib if that makes sense, either way I’m not sure enough to cut anything apart yet haha

View attachment 1309043

View attachment 1309043
Just wondering if anyone has located the Aran/Cable Knit sweater Ransom wears in the movie? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks all.
anyone willing to sell their kooples sweater?!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back