Klingon Bridge Chair - Help with parts ID

Mole

Having seen the Klingon Bridge chair that's recently been put up for sale at the Prop Store a friend and I got talking about possibly making one for ourselves. It's not a project that's going to happen for a while but that does give me plenty of time to ID and source parts... Which is where I need the help of the RPF. All the pieces seem familiar but I've not be able to pin any of them down. I was hoping that those with a better Trek prop knowledge than I may recognise some of the items from other places. I'm sure this is probably old news but the search function hasn't turned up anything. Anyway, enough with the jibber jabber and on to the pictures.

This is the chair that I'll be basing the build on. Obviously the soft part is a car seat. It's just a case of trawling the local scrap yards for something that looks similar.

chair01.jpg

This is what I'm calling the vent. I'm sure I've seen this before but my memory fails me.

detail03.jpg

detail01.jpg

You can see 'drainage' holes. It makes me think of those plastic seed trays.
detail02.jpg

The 'washing up drainer'. Or maybe a plastic paint pallet and a drain cover?
detail04.jpg

No idea what this is. There is one on the back and two on the front of the chair.

detail05.jpg

The 'ice cube tray'
detail06.jpg

Any ideas (even crazy ones) will be a great help.

Cheers!

I'll ask some of my fellow Klingon fans to see what they might have heard/seen. I do know that the glyph on the head rest is the same one seen on the arm bracers.

If you can't find the exact car seat, you may try a leather car seat cover, and stuff it with foam until you get the contours you want.

TazMan2000

Thanks! At the moment the glyphs aren't high on the list and I'll probably end up sculpting them myself if need be.

I had thought about the leather seat cover. I'm not too worried about being 100% screen accurate as there are a few variations on this seat out there and I'll probably settle for something close enough.

Thanks! At the moment the glyphs aren't high on the list and I'll probably end up sculpting them myself if need be.

Aye, but when you are ready to add them (if you decide to) check ebay. It might come out cheaper to buy them than making them if you are tight with time and budget.

I look forward to your attempt at this. I know a few other people (who aren't members here) who are wanting to build chairs similar to this for their homes.

The thing your calling "the vent" looks like leach line, they used it on DS9 and Voyager. The seat is the same one used for the Defiant Captains chair don't recall the name but the headrest has been removed I'll see if I still have the info somewhere on the chair.

The "vent" reminds me of an enameled bar-b-que or stove section/insert thingy.
The 'washing up drainer' could be a water colors paint palatte.
Good luck, Jeff

That center seat is definitely out of a Honda. I am pretty certain it is out of a Prelude or CRX. Any year before 1989 will match up pretty well. Good Luck!

Here is the cloth version of the chair they used on the defiant bridge, its a flo-something or another can't remember the exact manufacturer off hand.

chairy.jpg

this looks like a weatherproof outlet cover didn't find yet the right one, looks like for some industrial outlet, maybe in a custom box i know I saw something like that before
detail05.jpg

Cheers guys! This is great stuff!

propalooza - Got a link for that leach line? Looked all over Google and couldn't find anything that looked like that.

Think I may have to just use a similar looking car seat. Not sure I can get Flo-Fit here and shipping to the UK might be a bit on the pricing side. ;)

Cheers guys! This is great stuff!

propalooza - Got a link for that leach line? Looked all over Google and couldn't find anything that looked like that.

Do you still need the leach line (although it is not exactly a leach line, more a pipe)? I know the company that produces them and it is still available on the market!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back