Klingon bird of prey photon cannon

KLINGONSNIPER

Need help, do anyone of you recognize the greeblies on the end of the KBOP photon cannon? Take a look or better yetwould anyone of you happen to have a good clear pic of it.

Thanks
Eric Bryan

tffhd061118.jpg

The rest of the images I have. Every image I have posted here has been 'tweaked' in some way to increase the visible detail. Do not use these for color matching.

My amateur's opinion:

It looks to me that it has a sort of swiveling dish-like structure inside the 'mouth' that lights up when it fires. However, there are scenes and photos that show no 'dish' and only a sort of hole where the dish structure would presumably plug in.

I think it might be an optional part, or something that was originally there, but was lost or broken over time. IIRC, the wing up/down mechanism also stopped working eventually.

Comparing the pic Eric posted with my pics, it seems like that may be an entirely different gizmo than the 'other' one. I don't seem to see any areas where the orange 'rectangles' texture might show, or be illuminated. It also seems too 'domed' to me. If I had to guess, I'd say that was a prototype or replacement part.

All totally guesses and opinion.

-Mike J.

Seems to me that it depends which version of the studio model you want to replicate?Sometime between STIII,the TV shows and films it appeared in that new parts/details were added into the KBOP and the main canon because the photos are showing different details.I often wondered if ILM built a much larger secotion of that part of the model for close ups?I've not seen or heard anything about if they did that or not?

JPolacchi, that sounds like a possibility to me.

When they needed a close-up of the wing cannon firing, they built a special, large stand-in.

-MJ

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back