Kingego/reelart - crysknife

LordFett

Sr Member
I am looking to get a Fremen crysknife from the Sci-Fi Dune mini-series. Kingego/reelart has them. I have his Lynch version crysknife that I wasn't very thrilled with. The blade bends and I have been unable to keep it straight for displaying. Does anyone have his mini-series crysknife that can let me know how the blade is?

He also offers a handle upgrade for "a leather type material wrapped around the handle". I wasn't impressed by the extra gold leafing on the Lynch crysknife. Any imput on the handle?

I've been looking at the reelart offerings too, and had that feeling that there must be a higher quality product out there. Any contact info for 48th Ronin?

db

I have purchased a few things from Kingego in the past and can say with out a doubt that it was some of the crappiest P.O.S i have ever gotten. From the bad paint to the resin full of bubbles and holes.

he was once selling one of my fifth element keys for 125 dollars., isnt he a member here?

z

***edit, it was reelprops i was thinking off

Originally posted by zorg@Apr 4 2006, 12:47 PM
***edit, it was reelprops i was thinking off
Yeah, I got the two confused before. Glad I realized before I sent reelprops a PM about the flimsy blade on the Lynch Crysknife.

Originally posted by airhead@Apr 4 2006, 03:25 PM
I've been looking at the reelart offerings too, and had that feeling that there must be a higher quality product out there.  Any contact info for 48th Ronin?

db
[snapback]1219652[/snapback]​

Well, his profile only leads to a photo album. Try using the "send email" function, hopefully it still works.
d48thronin

lol i like your [image]http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/style_images/1/t_new.gif[/image] is not a toy

kwality :lol

Don't go near reelart. His stuff is utter crap and if you buy anything from him then try to get your money back he'll do his upmost to stiff you.
I bought a Vox from Galaxy Quest from him and it looked as if he'd picked up a dog turd and sprayed it silver.
Fyberdyne Labs sent me a beautifully cast one free of charge after seeing the thread I started...

Well, luckily I saw this thread... not sure if the board e-mail function works - I didn't receive any e-mail from airhead, and I've recently had someone else tell me that they tried e-mailing me through the board and I didn't get anything from them, either.

Anyway...

The reelart "Lynch" Crysknife is a recast of the old GreyZon reproduction Crysknife. And the GreyZon was based on the pre-production sketch from the film, which is a bit different than how the final knives turned out:

137418155.jpg

Here are 3 different Crysknives in my collection - the top one is a 3rd generation casting from a knife used in the film production, below that is a GreyZon reproduction, and the bottom one is a reproduction of the SciFi miniseries version, done by PaintByNumbers - I'm not sure if he's still around on the board.

84552454.jpg

It looks to me like the reelart miniseries Crysknife is a recast of the PaintByNymbers knife. Nice... guess all the guy can do is recast other people's work :unsure

And here's something I was working on recently - I sculpted up a pattern for a sheath to go with the film Crysknife (from a deleted scene with the Shadout Mapes and Lady Jessica).

121935075.jpg

Got so far as molding it, but other work sidetracked me from doing a hollow test casting. I plan on getting back to it soon...

Now we know... thanks for the history :p The sheath looks like it's coming along nicely - I wondered if someone was doing one of those, now that we can see the extra footage.... PM me (or post) if you have plans to make either available.

Thanks,

David

All I have seen in his auctions are badly recast Items, nothing original, or scratchbuilt.

The Guy seems really full of himself, he's selling his Ferrari and even the License plate says "KING EGO".

Originally posted by D48thRonin@Apr 4 2006, 07:23 PM
It looks to me like the reelart miniseries Crysknife is a recast of the PaintByNymbers knife. Nice... guess all the guy can do is recast other people's work :unsure

Thanks for the imput D48thRonin. I had pm'd you years ago about the crysknife in your sig and contacted paintbynumbers. He gave me a quote and then I never heard back if he had any for sale. Only was going the reelart/kingego route because of lack of options.

Originally posted by airhead@Apr 5 2006, 03:51 AM
The sheath looks like it's coming along nicely - I wondered if someone was doing one of those, now that we can see the extra footage....  PM me (or post) if you have plans to make either available.

I do have plans to make them available, once I have all the bugs worked out - I still need to modify the knife a bit to fit the sheath nicely.

I did offer the Crysknife by itself a few years back - I'll probably make a new mold and make those available again as well...

Originally posted by D48thRonin@Apr 6 2006, 06:37 AM

I did offer the Crysknife by itself a few years back - I'll probably make a new mold and make those available again as well...
[snapback]1220851[/snapback]​

:D :D

James

Probably should have this thread resurface seeing how Reel Art is still around and selling lots of items

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back