Kevin's scatter build thread

Aaah yes I forgot. You guys always probably require shear walls.. which is stupid money..
Yeah, Everything built has to withstand a Cat2 hurricane( or maybe cat3) .. requires lots of permitting and money. The truth is, they're ba#$&@ds that want to take your money. There's even an arborist inspection fee. Twice in fact..

Last edited:
Naaah I totally get it. Same here.. if you have a small stream in your back yard it’s considered water and they force the hurricane windows.. you could be 10 miles from the ocean but that little stream makes us have to go to code

Naaah I totally get it. Same here.. if you have a small stream in your back yard it’s considered water and they force the hurricane windows.. you could be 10 miles from the ocean but that little stream makes us have to go to code
Its called a money grab. :lol:

No major results due to labor difficulties and lack of materials. I did manage to grade and lay sod though.

Shaping up.
20211124_143505.jpg

Wicked progress buddy! Cement shortage here, how about down there?
Yes and no. It's more of an overload of demand and weather delays. There's very little if at all , any union workers here so it's not a supply or transportation issue.

This is a hell of a project man (even if it doesn't go pew-pew)! Congratulations in advance! When we bought my house I converted a 400sf outbuilding into a studio, gutted it down to the studs. We (actually approx 90% I) rebuilt the interior with 1.25" thick, decoupled wall/ceiling "leaves" for sound dampening - it's basically air-tight and heavy. That was a TON of exhausting work, so many details, and I did nothing else with my free time. Now I almost never go out there to play lol! :unsure:

Anyway, congrats on your progress here, this is going to be an awesome space!! Concrete/masonry is about the only piece of construction I haven't done, this looks amazing! The concrete work seems scary and powerful, if you can lay foundation you can make anything! I will definitely be checking out your progress. (y)

This is a hell of a project man (even if it doesn't go pew-pew)! Congratulations in advance! When we bought my house I converted a 400sf outbuilding into a studio, gutted it down to the studs. We (actually approx 90% I) rebuilt the interior with 1.25" thick, decoupled wall/ceiling "leaves" for sound dampening - it's basically air-tight and heavy. That was a TON of exhausting work, so many details, and I did nothing else with my free time. Now I almost never go out there to play lol! :unsure:

Anyway, congrats on your progress here, this is going to be an awesome space!! Concrete/masonry is about the only piece of construction I haven't done, this looks amazing! The concrete work seems scary and powerful, if you can lay foundation you can make anything! I will definitely be checking out your progress. (y)
There will be a lot of "PEW PEW" building in there so, Im considering this to be Star Wars prop related. :cool:

We have wood:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Trusses will look much better attached to the building but I’ll accept them on the ground for now as I just had to wait since May to get them. What a weird time we live in
3C52180D-EEB5-4DE7-AB55-555DA9278131.jpeg
688852CE-839E-4723-BD5F-605E9B8F7375.jpeg

Moved them by hand to the building and laid them out ready to go
I think it’s going to be a week or two before they go up unfortunately
78562774-5DC7-435E-A952-963EEF2A7CDF.jpeg
1C0D7075-6B44-4A5B-8404-9BE748AE4104.jpeg

Brings me back to the days of geeking on trusses, trying to figure out how much weight I can hang on a roof. ;) Looks fun!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back