Kevin's scatter build thread

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Aaah yes I forgot. You guys always probably require shear walls.. which is stupid money..
Yeah, Everything built has to withstand a Cat2 hurricane( or maybe cat3) .. requires lots of permitting and money. The truth is, they're ba#$&@ds that want to take your money. There's even an arborist inspection fee. Twice in fact..

Last edited:

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Naaah I totally get it. Same here.. if you have a small stream in your back yard it’s considered water and they force the hurricane windows.. you could be 10 miles from the ocean but that little stream makes us have to go to code

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Naaah I totally get it. Same here.. if you have a small stream in your back yard it’s considered water and they force the hurricane windows.. you could be 10 miles from the ocean but that little stream makes us have to go to code
Its called a money grab. :lol:

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
No major results due to labor difficulties and lack of materials. I did manage to grade and lay sod though.

Shaping up.
20211124_143505.jpg

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Wicked progress buddy! Cement shortage here, how about down there?
Yes and no. It's more of an overload of demand and weather delays. There's very little if at all , any union workers here so it's not a supply or transportation issue.

Pedro

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a hell of a project man (even if it doesn't go pew-pew)! Congratulations in advance! When we bought my house I converted a 400sf outbuilding into a studio, gutted it down to the studs. We (actually approx 90% I) rebuilt the interior with 1.25" thick, decoupled wall/ceiling "leaves" for sound dampening - it's basically air-tight and heavy. That was a TON of exhausting work, so many details, and I did nothing else with my free time. Now I almost never go out there to play lol! :unsure:

Anyway, congrats on your progress here, this is going to be an awesome space!! Concrete/masonry is about the only piece of construction I haven't done, this looks amazing! The concrete work seems scary and powerful, if you can lay foundation you can make anything! I will definitely be checking out your progress. (y)

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a hell of a project man (even if it doesn't go pew-pew)! Congratulations in advance! When we bought my house I converted a 400sf outbuilding into a studio, gutted it down to the studs. We (actually approx 90% I) rebuilt the interior with 1.25" thick, decoupled wall/ceiling "leaves" for sound dampening - it's basically air-tight and heavy. That was a TON of exhausting work, so many details, and I did nothing else with my free time. Now I almost never go out there to play lol! :unsure:

Anyway, congrats on your progress here, this is going to be an awesome space!! Concrete/masonry is about the only piece of construction I haven't done, this looks amazing! The concrete work seems scary and powerful, if you can lay foundation you can make anything! I will definitely be checking out your progress. (y)
There will be a lot of "PEW PEW" building in there so, Im considering this to be Star Wars prop related. :cool:

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We have wood:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Trusses will look much better attached to the building but I’ll accept them on the ground for now as I just had to wait since May to get them. What a weird time we live in
3C52180D-EEB5-4DE7-AB55-555DA9278131.jpeg
688852CE-839E-4723-BD5F-605E9B8F7375.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.