Kenner Hasbro Imperial Shuttle Tydirium Conversion to Studio Scale look

Wonderful project.This is one of my favorite ships and the Kenner version is really outstanding. I just wish there some better options for landing gear.
All I was able to accomplish on mine was blacking out the cockpit, minor repaint on some areas and lighting the rear.

Attachments

• 16444457940128487276077619049196.jpg
    16444457940128487276077619049196.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 1644445841383925879876681344811.jpg
    1644445841383925879876681344811.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 187
Question...
What are you planning to do with the internal wing mechanisms? I'm just wondering if there's enough tension on the wings to hold a folded position without the orginal toy mechanics, or will you have to build something to facilitate this?
Very impressive work going on here.
i completely stripped the original Toy wing mechanics and i dont plan to add any other wing mechanic.

For my display purposes i only need the two main positions of the wings, flight and landing position. i dont care for half open etc...

...possibly i will add some washers to the wings axles, to add a little bit more friction, so that the wings will stay safe in upright landing position.

please, does someone here know from which donor kits these parts came from ?

the large main part in the middle, and also the two smaller round greeblies on top and below...

View attachment 1538997View attachment 1538998
hey barney
amazing reshaping so far my kenner shuttle is unassembled and cleaned and waiting for me for.....but belive me or not your
thread has kicked my as and inspired me to finaly fuxxxng start that bad ass build....

don't know if this greebli is a doner part as well....i only can provide you this text file which contains the names of most
of the kits from which doner parts were used for the shuttle. there is also a fb group called "star wars doner parts" where
you will find the answer to it for sure

Attachments

• Tydirium Kit List.txt
    547 bytes · Views: 131
  • 20211216_054152.jpg
    20211216_054152.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 127
hey barney
amazing reshaping so far my kenner shuttle is unassembled and cleaned and waiting for me for.....but belive me or not your
thread has kicked my as and inspired me to finaly fuxxxng start that bad ass build....

don't know if this greebli is a doner part as well....i only can provide you this text file which contains the names of most
of the kits from which doner parts were used for the shuttle. there is also a fb group called "star wars doner parts" where
you will find the answer to it for sure
Thank you for partizipating.

already got that List, and quite some kits are waiting to be cannibalized for a long time ;-)

IMG_4085 Kopie.jpg

Last edited:
very nice
what glue is this you used for the fuselage...is this some kind of 2k 5minute epoxy glue?
i always thought both toy versions are identical but obviously there are differences.
i got the first version and here the wing ends are not rounded

20220213_061108.jpg
20220213_061126.jpg

very nice
what glue is this you used for the fuselage...is this some kind of 2k 5minute epoxy glue?
i always thought both toy versions are identical but obviously there are differences.
i got the first version and here the wing ends are not rounded
vomvom, Yes i use 5 min. 2K Epoxy for the fuselage surgery, and for the big MDF Block inside the fuselage for the Stand.

Wing corners

IMG_4096 Kopie.jpg
IMG_4097 Kopie.jpg

thanks
very nice...super clean work. looks like you did not do this for the first time;)
what you gone do with the cockpit ? completely interior or with fixed canopy and just paint black frome the inside.

i know pretty off topic but here is a tie interceptor conversion i build some time ago
llx3.jpg

Looks great... Really impressive work.

Not that it's an issue, but is the lower part of the main hull a tad bit too high? Like if the diameter of the half cirkles is a little on the large side... Again not to critique at all, it's just an observation.

I hope it's OK to ask, it's not at all to critique.

Thank you for sharing, very inspirering.

thanks
very nice...super clean work. looks like you did not do this for the first time;)
what you gone do with the cockpit ? completely interior or with fixed canopy and just paint black frome the inside.

i know pretty off topic but here is a tie interceptor conversion i build some time ago

Great Interceptor (y)

regarding your question... No interior and no electronics planned for my shuttle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back