Karl Ruprect Kroenen Costume WIP

Re: Karl Ruprect Kroenen Cotume WIP

Looks great! Keep the updates coming. Mind talking a bit more about how you created the gears...?

Thanks! The gears from ebay, if you search as 'steampunk gears' there will be tons of them.After i gathered the gears i cut a piece of plastic and glue them on its place then one coat of brass paint and weathering.Now its time for the hard job, leather sheaths and holsters :)

This is such a cool build! I love how you haven't gone for the main stream build of Hellboy himself. It's got me thinking about my next build and what off the wall suit I can come up with.

Tom.

Excellent work. The details are really what brings it to life. i am most envious of that vest...

More progress today, horraay weekend :)
I've finished the belt,

IMAG0214_zpsda201eb5.jpg

60 % done i think,
I'he started the dagger sheaths but i run out of rivets, gotta buy some this weekend,
Stay tune for the updates...

Here's another update,
I started to make the sheaths, simply i draw a template and cut it out of leather than glue/stitching. Also i made the straps and attached them into sheaths with rivets and glue, im using industrial leather glue by the way.

IMG_7032_zpscdccd7e0.jpg

IMG_7033_zps2878b491.jpg

IMG_7034_zpsa0cfb2ce.jpg

IMG_7036_zps05b27fa9.jpg

I'have scraped both the sheath and strap for better glue constuction,

IMG_7039_zps53a7c254.jpg

After i done with glue, i let it dry for a night,

IMG_7040_zps1a7b52e0.jpg

Next im gonna burnish the edges, stay tune :)

Last edited:

Looks awesome man. I would add some more weathering in all the details of the vest to give it more of a lived in look. Other than that it's coming along quite well! :)

Looks Awesome great attention to detail well done...
cant wait to see it finished
This is my Kroenen Costume

Is it me or does the chest piece look like a skull to others as well? Plus I need a belt like that for my kilt.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back