Justice League

Wonder Woman looks gorram awesome, of course.
Still not feeling Cyborg. Or Aquaman. Or Flash...
Should have just stuck with the trinity.
J.K. as Commissioner Gordon is inspired casting, though.
Good trailer. Here's hoping the movie doesn't suck...

Bleh.

Sorry, DC, you don't get to have it both ways! In the last movie, the world was supposedly terrified of Superman and Batman was actively trying to kill him on the off-chance he would go mad and destroy the world. Now, all of a sudden people are mourning his death, WORLD WITHOUT HOPE headlines are running, and Batman is spouting off about how Superman made people see the best in themselves?!

No. None of that was set up in prior movies. Playing on people's expectations and knowledge of characters outside what you've established in-world does not make for a good movie.
I came here to say the exact same thing. That stupid voice over was because of fan backlash of how they handled Superman in the last movie. Eyeroll. I think Flash is going to be particularly grating, but that could be because I cant stand the actor that plays him. I dunno, I cant get excited for this movie. Its a bummer, because I really want to. The dialogue about the unity is so hamfisted, reminds me of the family BS at the end of Suicide Squad. Im still staring at the ceiling cause my eyes havent unrolled.

Hopefully its not Powergirl, but it makes sense that it is. Maybe its Amanda Waller revealing to Bruce that they made a clone, and that sorrowful look on his face is because of that. It looks way brighter than anything we have seen regarding Supes in this universe, but who knows. Just my 2 cents.

The lantern remark can not only be because of that sector, but there are also multiple colors of lanterns, so it could be both, or either.

This might be too far a stretch but maybe Superman wasn't really as dark as we saw. What was presented was Bruce's interpretation of Supes. Now that he has seen the error in that misperception perhaps we will get the bright inspirational Superman that is being talked up/retconned.

It was still stupid to fight down town and not lure Zod away... But unless we get a movie Flashpoint there is no way to easily forget what we have already seen.

CGIing a mustache out. That’s freaking hilarious, but slightly absurd, I mean, applying a fake moustache seems a whole lot less expensive than CGIing his mustache out.... But I really want to see Superman with a mustache now !

It would be significantly LESS weird if Batman's revelation that Superman wasn't the bad guy didn't come in the last few minutes of the movie and hinge on the whole "martha" thing.

The wife and I subjected ourselves to BvS again a couple weeks ago. Bruce's turn before the DDay fight just isn't earned. And though Affleck's performance is fine, the Batman in this movie isn't the one I know. The world's best detective doesn't get blinded by rage, or overt sentimentality. I just can't with that flick.

In any case, Whedon's involvement gives me some hope but that new trailer doesn't do much for me. There better be a coherent story to hang all the flashy action scenes on.

I dug it. I'm sold on Affleck and Gadot, no issues there. I'm warming up to Momoa. Very different take on Aquaman this time. He seems to have kind of a don't give a **** attitude about him, which may be a good thing for this movie. I'm liking the Flash, but worried he's going to be a joke. Cyborg looks awful. Can't get over how bad he looks.

It's very simple. Superman will never die in the first place. Flash will run his tail back to before Doomsday killed Supes and prevent it from happening. And it'll happen towards the end as everyone is getting a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be too far a stretch but maybe Superman wasn't really as dark as we saw. What was presented was Bruce's interpretation of Supes. Now that he has seen the error in that misperception perhaps we will get the bright inspirational Superman that is being talked up/retconned.

It was still stupid to fight down town and not lure Zod away... But unless we get a movie Flashpoint there is no way to easily forget what we have already seen.

Okay, this has been hashed and hashed and hashed to death, BUT... It was quite clearly laid out in the movie that luring Zod away would not work.

Zod did not WANT to be lured away. Zod WANTED to kill all of humanity. Why would he follow Superman off to fight when he can stay and continue destroying the city, forcing Superman to come back and fight there anyway?!

Seriously... of all the hills people seem intent on dying on, this one is just one of the weirdest.

Okay, this has been hashed and hashed and hashed to death, BUT... It was quite clearly laid out in the movie that luring Zod away would not work.

Zod did not WANT to be lured away. Zod WANTED to kill all of humanity. Why would he follow Superman off to fight when he can stay and continue destroying the city, forcing Superman to come back and fight there anyway?!

Seriously... of all the hills people seem intent on dying on, this one is just one of the weirdest.

Ok not lure but once Superman had control of Zod he could have physically removed him from the city. He was able to push Doomsday into space and DOJ Doomsday was a supercharged Zod.

Superman is supposed to be better than all of us. With that in mind he should have found a way. But the current Superman has a temper and he just kept slamming Zod into buildings killing, injuring and crippling innocient bystanders.
Even in DOJ, Superman is clearly mad and stops trying to reason with Batman and prefers to fight. Only when he is loosing for a second time does he plead and gets an emotional response from Batman that ends the battle.
In both cases Superman could have taken a smarter approach and been the better man.
I can understand Batman being as illogical and divorced from reason but not Superman. I want a Superman that never stops trying to save people not one who reverts to Hulk-like levels of destruction.

I'd argue that actually, it wasn't so much Superman smashing around Zod in buildings as much as him being smashed in building by Zod... But in any case, do go rewatch the Superman : TAS, JL, JLA or even the current JL Action cartoons : it's just the same thing, Superman duking it out in the city, taking down building and wrecking tons of infrastructure, cars and whatnot... Don't get the complaining about that. It's always been like that when he fights powerful foes.

It's always funny to me when people talk about the crummy DCEU Superman issues with a "what else could he have possibly done?" perspective, like it's a documentary or something. Even if the writers had put him in a corner which makes for a terrible portrayal of the character, they didn't need to do that to begin with. My god, these flicks are terrible.

I'd argue that actually, it wasn't so much Superman smashing around Zod in buildings as much as him being smashed in building by Zod... But in any case, do go rewatch the Superman : TAS, JL, JLA or even the current JL Action cartoons : it's just the same thing, Superman duking it out in the city, taking down building and wrecking tons of infrastructure, cars and whatnot... Don't get the complaining about that. It's always been like that when he fights powerful foes.

Yeah, but in the cartoons it's prety much like the old GI-Joe stuff. Bombs everywhere, 10's of thousands of rounds fired, and no one ever gets hit, let alone die...

Ok, so I just watched the 2012 SDCC MOS panel (don't know why) and 13 minutes into the Q&A Snyder is asked who would win? Nolan Batman or his Superman. His response was "I love Batman, but really? Really?" [emoji23]

Then he makes the next movie having Batman kick the crap outta Superman [emoji15]

Which is it Zack?

Reel

Ok, so I just watched the 2012 SDCC MOS panel (don't know why) and 13 minutes into the Q&A Snyder is asked who would win? Nolan Batman or his Superman. His response was "I love Batman, but really? Really?" [emoji23]

Then he makes the next movie having Batman kick the crap outta Superman [emoji15]

Which is it Zack?

Reel

"If I wanted it, you'd be dead already."

Pay attention ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back