Just saying hello! Some collection pics, and a free paper prop!

KidL

HELLO.

Just wanted to make my official introduction:

This is a really great forum and I've had a number of excellent transactions w/members over the past few years. I've been delaying making my intro for a while now, mainly because I just got lazy about it... but I figure it's about time I started contributing a bit to the board.

That said: What's a post w/o pics? Here're a few of my current collection. "The Goods" so to speak...

First Up: TREK PROPS
Hero MVII, hollow MX, Hero Voyager PADD, static Voyager Padd, MR FC Phaser, Hero DB Phaser, Laser Etched DS9/TNG PADDs
1.jpg

BATMAN PROPS
Static Grappler, Static Mine, Steel Batarangs, Certificate Paper Prop, Joker Evidence Bag (still uncut. Yikes.)
2.jpg

Hero Batarangs (metal) ... blurry photo... sorry.
6.jpg

Not exactly props but... 1/6th scale repros of the 89 and Returns Batsuits, Takara 12" Batman Begins figure (I also collect figures/toys)
4.jpg

STAR WARS
Just starting to re-build my lightsaber collection. A genuine Graflex Luke ANH saber and two replica Graflex sabers (ANH, ESB)
5.jpg

3.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS
I've been wanting to build a Proton Pack for years and years and have just now found myself in a position to do it (financialy that is). I'm planning on going all-out with this one (electronics, sound, vibration, the works.). Plus I'm gathering as many metal and realworld parts as possible... I'm hoping it'll turn out top-notch... if I ever get it finished that is... :lol
7.jpg

I've also got a few pieces in the pipeline that I'm really excited about:

RAC All-Metal BR Blaster (the newest revised version)
MR EE TPM Obi Wan Lightsaber (just picked up from Gytheran... :) )
I Robot Hero Badge
and some other items I'm slowly saving-up for... :lol

I recently picked up one of Fetthuneter's Death Star Construction Crew hats. It's a GREAT fan-prop that I got a kick out of (I'm also a big Kevin Smith fan). The free ID badge was a really nice touch, but I felt it didn't meet the standard of quality of the helmet itself... so... For those of you who also got one, here's a high-res version of my design... It's my first concept, so I'll probably revise it once or twice... BTW: Thanks for the awesome helmet Fetthunter.
DS_Construction2.jpg

Thanks for reading through my intro. Say HELLO if you're feeling friendly. :thumbsup

-KidL

Welcome. :D
And thanks for the paper prop. :angel
Your collection just reminds me that I need to get some more Star Trek stuff, as well as a Batman Begins Grabble gun and a mine...geez I like seeing other people collections, but it really makes me want to buy stuff I can't afford :lol
ANYWAY...welcome abord, good to have ya here. :D

Thanks comicasylum.

I've been meaning to expand my Trek collection as well. The recent Christie's auction drove me crazy (mainly because I couldn't bid on any of the items). The catalogues were no help either (although I'm happy to have them... :p ).

Welcome. Awesome collection and thanks for the badge. Already printed one out with my pic on it to use for Halloween. :)

Cool.

What are you using for the rest of your costume? So far I've got a black flight suit with Imperial Badges on the shoulders, but I might go a different route and wear a short sleeved office shirt and tie with a construction crew vest and clipboard.

<div class='quotetop'>(Chingon @ Oct 29 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]1347283[/snapback]</div>
Welcome. Awesome collection and thanks for the badge. Already printed one out with my pic on it to use for Halloween. :)
[/b]

Welcome, ain't it good not to be lurking.
Great collection, and makes me wish I could put something like that together, in my rumpus room. Need to win the lottery or get a new wife who understands the need to collect such items. Chances of either of these things happening are slim :cry .

But a great collection

And thanks for the paperprop. I can at least afford those :)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Luckily my girlfriend is pretty understanding of my collecting habits (although she doesn't entirely understand... $450 for a Tricorder?... Hey, I thought it was a GREAT DEAL. :p ).

<div class='quotetop'>(KidL @ Oct 29 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1347290[/snapback]</div>
Cool.

What are you using for the rest of your costume? So far I've got a black flight suit with Imperial Badges on the shoulders, but I might go a different route and wear a short sleeved office shirt and tie with a construction crew vest and clipboard.

<div class='quotetop'>(Chingon @ Oct 29 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]1347283[/snapback]
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I picked up some grey coveralls and also added the Imperial cog patches to the shoulders. Also picked up a beautiful Imperial Officer/Tie pilot style belt from a member here. Threw a covertec and holster on the belt to sort of dress it up a bit and make it more toolbelt-ish.

<div class='quotetop'>(Chingon @ Oct 30 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1347565[/snapback]</div>
I picked up some grey coveralls and also added the Imperial cog patches to the shoulders. Also picked up a beautiful Imperial Officer/Tie pilot style belt from a member here. Threw a covertec and holster on the belt to sort of dress it up a bit and make it more toolbelt-ish.
[/b]

Hey Chingon, can you let me know who supplied your belt? I need a few addons for my flightsuit and would rather have a 'Star Wars' style belt than a regular construction belt.

Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>(Chingon @ Oct 30 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]1347565[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Post some pics when you guys get around to wearing your costumes. I want to see my hard hats "in action". :D

Excellent prop collection..

Man, I'm jealous.. You got TWO of Henry's Sonar 'rangs... :D :D That's awesome. His figs are great too..

You've got me jonesin' for a DS Construction Crew hard hat... Dangit...can't resist..

:lol :lol

-Rex

<div class='quotetop'>(Bountys Hunted @ Oct 30 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1347813[/snapback]</div>
Excellent prop collection..

Man, I'm jealous.. You got TWO of Henry's Sonar 'rangs... :D :D That's awesome. His figs are great too..

You've got me jonesin' for a DS Construction Crew hard hat... Dangit...can't resist..

:lol :lol

-Rex
[/b]

Yeah, Henry does outstanding work. Plus, he's an exceptionally nice guy. I'm just waiting for him to tackle an all-metal 89 speargun. But considering how busy he is nowadays, I doubt it'll be anytime soon :p

As far as the DS Construction Crew hard hats are concerned, I say go for it. Fetthunter did a great job and it definitely qualifies as a true geek-out prop. :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back