Jurassic World T-Rex Blooper ....

My problem wasn't that they were smart, just that they were too smart. Intelligence does not equate knowledge which is the fundamental mistake that Hollywood always makes when portraying smart animals. Just because an animal, or even a human for that matter, is smart does not necessarily they know everything, it just means that they're capable of learning and understanding lots of things but if you raised a genius in isolation and never taught them anything they wouldn't know anything about even basic math, much less advanced trigonometry, quantum physics, etc. This is the problem that Hollywood has when portraying highly intelligent animals, they show them doing things that they should have no knowledge of, intelligent or not they can't know things they don't know about. A highly intelligent raptor would be able to figure out door knobs if they've observed people using them but unless they've done so they'd have no idea of what a door knob is and does,

I imagine that the raptors saw the handlers using doorknobs on several occasions both before and during the 1993 incident. Remember that they were systematically testing their enclosure for weaknesses, so observing how the handlers came and went would be part of that.

Likewise the I-Rex and its thermal camo, how did it know that there were thermal cams in its enclosure? I don't think that it ever saw itself on the thermal cams and even if it did, and even if it did, would it make the correlation or would it just see a strange image of itself in a rainbow of colors?

Well, the I-Rex was able to sense thermal radiation, and given its supposed intelligence, it wouldn't take long to figure out that when it masked its thermal signature, it couldn't see itself anymore.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back