Jurassic Park Replicas Coming From Paragon FX Group, plus! (UPDATED Post # 11)

As I told you when we spoke, I was not really excited about getting this as I have one of your old cans, but when I opened it I was really stunned with how beautifully made it is.

Very, very, VERY, happy to have BOTH in my collection!

I'm super happy with mine !! It truly is a thing of beauty ! I finally figured out the edition # is on the shipping box...

Thank you for including 2 copies of the vial labels... Now the Question is do I replace the labels on my OG Rylo vials with the accurate labels or leave them the way they are as a "snapshot in time". Would it be permissible for me to post the a pic of the vial labels for folks that want to relabel their OG cans ?

I know the package suggests using yellow food coloring, but I went with "highlighter water" (soak the core of a yellow highlighter in a couple ounces of rubbing alcohol... squeeze, repeat... Then add a bunch of distilled water... This will yield a ton of the stuff... You can play with the "density" as shown)... Now to figure out what to do with the extra liquid....

IMG_2321.jpeg

Woah. Just got mine. This thing is incredible. #25 of 3500! Absolutely blown away. Want to put some Dino DNA in there, and saw the post on insta about making it using water and yellow food coloring. Question - is there any concern the food coloring will stain the vials over time? Not that I plan to change them out or anything...but I remember also seeing discussion of some people using yellow alcohol. But then there was a concern of evaporation. Just trying to make sure I use the best option! Want to take care of this beautiful piece! (Just saw the post about the highlighter water..another cool option. Is there a consensus on what's the most screen-accurate?

Woah. Just got mine. This thing is incredible. #25 of 3500! Absolutely blown away. Want to put some Dino DNA in there, and saw the post on insta about making it using water and yellow food coloring. Question - is there any concern the food coloring will stain the vials over time? Not that I plan to change them out or anything...but I remember also seeing discussion of some people using yellow alcohol. But then there was a concern of evaporation. Just trying to make sure I use the best option! Want to take care of this beautiful piece! (Just saw the post about the highlighter water..another cool option. Is there a consensus on what's the most screen-accurate?
They do dry out over time... Which I found interesting since the vials have gaskets... The food coloring, or highlighter water, doesn't seem to stain the vials... Just add some water back into the vial and it will rehydrate the color... I just did that to my Rylo can last night when filling the new Paragon one... Just let the water sit overnight then shake... Here's one I haven't yet shaken... You can see the "color concentrate" at the bottom...

IMG_2322.jpeg

My recommendation for filling vials will always be lemon dish soap. Yellow, lasts a good while, good consistency, no risk of staining anything (vials or clothes/surfaces while pouring) and it smells nice!

I have photos from past cryos somewhere, but I'll just wait until mine gets here today (if UPS behaves) so y'all can compare

I too received my Cryo can today. Beautiful piece and I couldn’t be happier.

Rylo, in looking at your site it appears this might be the largest run, at 3500 units, that you have offered to date. Could you speak to how you go about determining the size of a run?

Dumb question. Where is it numbered for XX/3500?

Nevermind, I found it on the outside of the shipping box. I was too quick to toss that aside.

Last edited:
I too received my Cryo can today. Beautiful piece and I couldn’t be happier.

Rylo, in looking at your site it appears this might be the largest run, at 3500 units, that you have offered to date. Could you speak to how you go about determining the size of a run?
Great Question. The answer is lengthy but hardly scientific. I'll try and cliff-note it.

For Starters, our territories (on this one) are the US and Japan. Both countries have a large fanbase. 3500 of these on such a mega property like JP is ultimately rather modest. That said, we wanted to keep the run manageable and dare I say, special. To your point, it is our largest to date.

We've kept some of our other runs low by design. We're still a young company. When we do something like the Bat Radio or the Phantasm Sphere, we know there's a smaller group of die-hards to support our efforts. That said, we want to give those markets some love too. Since we finance our own runs and don't depend on pre-orders, we can indulge ourselves and have some fun with those pieces that haven't always got the attention they deserve. We never want to over do it though. It's a bit of an educated guess when we get into some of those. There's always a team debate. Is it worth doing? Will people like it as much as we do? How many people are as obsessed as we are and can we land it reasonably?
That sort of thing...

-Rylo

Last edited:
Oh, and regarding filling the vials. Again, there's never been a hard and fast rule. Yes, I like water and food coloring. I've never had a problem with it staining the vials, evaporating, etc. I get it though, it's fun to come up with new ideas.

Aaaand, as far as vial labels go. I prefer a clean, "As New" look that wraps around the vial. The hero ones are stuck on rather haphazardly and cut short. We gave you two sets so you can decide for yourself. lol!

-Rylo

Last edited:
Thanks, man! See my reply just above this one on what I use.

I was about to lose faith in UPS, but it just arrived!

Number 29 of 3500.
IMG_2119 2.JPG

And that's a vintage can of "skin conditioner" Barbasol next to the replica can. And here's a closer look at the lemon scented dish soap:
IMG_2118 2.JPG

Beautiful piece. The holes are a perfect fit for the centrifuge. There's a couple visual discrepancies I found interesting considering Paragon got to handle the actual prop, but I'll save those notes and questions for another day... For now I'm just going to bask in the beauty of this cryo.

Oh, and regarding filling the vials. Again, there's never been a hard and fast rule. Yes, I like water and food coloring. I've never had a problem with it staining the vials, evaporating, etc. I get it though, it's fun to come up with new ideas.

Aaaand, as far as vial labels go. I prefer a clean, "As New" look that wraps around the vial. The hero ones are stuck on rather haphazardly and cut short. We gave you two sets so you can decide for yourself. lol!

-Rylo
The labels are perfect— a problem with a lot of other replicas have been the labels getting caught on the edge of the centrifuge holes either because the holes are too tight or because the label material is too thick— this is perfect on both.

All I can say is... WOW...
After I opened just the shipping box, knowing what the inner box looked like, I was amazed at the FEEL of it. It's not just a printed box, it has a texture to it, it's actually soft... That was a cool (and unexpected) feature...
I want to build a real box that matches what is printed on the box. :) That would be cool...
That packaging alone is worth it for this! I'd actually buy another box if it was an option for one of my other cans...

Just love the look at feel of this thing. This is my 4th Cryo can (and 3rd Rylo can), and they just keep getting better and better... Finally, I have one in the proper shaped can! I've always looked for a real, mid-90s Barbasol can but never found the right one (did find a Menthol one, funnily enough... :) ) And printed can as well, I'm not sure if I remember reading that was going to be the case before I bought it... Just makes it that much better...
And nice job keeping the (I assume mandatory) copyright info very discrete and out of the way. :) (It looks laser-etched on the bottom, inside the rim almost.) I could see Universal putting their logo on the can itself somewhere if they did this on their own... :rolleyes:

I'm curious about a couple of things, just more inquiring about all the history behind the real ones and such. It seems that, finally, there's a real one being sold on Heritage right now (the first one that actually looks legit that I've ever seen outside of the studio, from the Planet Hollywood collection). Some of the vial stickers are different, which made me wonder how many different labels might have been used in the big cryo prop that Nedry opens to steal from, so there might be a lot more than just the ones we know...

And, at least on the prop at Heritage, I was surprised to see there actually is a piece inside the outer can that the cryo mechanism actually screws into... Could this be the prop Dodgson shows Nedry when we first see it? He does seem to have to actually unscrew the thing during that scene...
Would be neat to see photos of all the different ones they made for the movie...

Whether you have a cryo-can already or not... You WANT this one. :)

I got my can this weekend as well! Mine is a bit later in the run at #686, but looks fantastic. The shell on mine fits a bit loose compared to my Rylo can (that one has that nice hiss of air when you close it up), but otherwise I'm delighted with this one.

Almost makes up for not getting my money back from Chronicle. Almost.

I'm curious about a couple of things, just more inquiring about all the history behind the real ones and such. It seems that, finally, there's a real one being sold on Heritage right now (the first one that actually looks legit that I've ever seen outside of the studio, from the Planet Hollywood collection). Some of the vial stickers are different, which made me wonder how many different labels might have been used in the big cryo prop that Nedry opens to steal from, so there might be a lot more than just the ones we know...

And, at least on the prop at Heritage, I was surprised to see there actually is a piece inside the outer can that the cryo mechanism actually screws into... Could this be the prop Dodgson shows Nedry when we first see it? He does seem to have to actually unscrew the thing during that scene...
Would be neat to see photos of all the different ones they made for the movie...
I'm relatively certain where we see that "threaded hole" on the inside is either a failed attempt to make it screw (which is why the top of the central tube has threading at the top) or just from them gutting the inside of the can, since even with this prop it looks too short to reach the top of the can like that. Although that part of the can seems like spun metal like the other cry parts— maybe you're on to something and it's an insert that's lower than the top?? It's interesting. I always wondered why the top was threaded like that.

What's also very interesting about that Heritage posting is that it seems that the two disks that hold the vials are separate pieces, and that whoever owned this prop secured the top disk upside down (a hunch, but perhaps worth discussing in a different thread.

To bring it back to the Paragon cryo, if that Heritage prop is legit, holding it in my hand and comparing the one in the photos— It's almost like I already own what's displayed on the screen. Great craftsmanship. It does highlight a few oddities with the can, and further validates my nitpick with the grub screw placement, but other than that I'm giddy with this thing.

Got mine also. Where can you check what # it's out of??

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back