Jurassic Park Jeep #12

Aww man I always love seeing people make the vehicles from JP! You did a great job mate! Have fun driving that around and getting all the head turns hahaha.

While I've been waiting on the top searchlights to be painted one of the JP Motor Pool members reached out to me with some screen accurate front and rear fog lights. I also got in on an autograph signing with Wayne Knight (Dennis Nedry in the movie - the guy that gets eaten by a Dilophosaurus in this particular Jeep) so now I need to remove my sun visor to send in along with my Cryocan. There's still a few minor paint touch-ups to do then I can call this project done!

PXL-20201129-001331358-2.jpg

PXL-20201129-001317925-2.jpg

Both people that were going to spray the lights for me suffered some major life-altering events so I finally decided to buy a spray gun and do them myself. Sprayed the shells and light ring clips in Sand Beige and took the opportunity to do some minor touchups to the hood stamp. I had already added the red ring to the light bases a while back. Still need to mix up some more red to touch up the light bar and one of the light rings that got a bit boogered up during installation and finally get the upper door hinges to the correct color.

PXL-20220411-003301132.jpg

Up next is to drill through the tub and start wiring in to the controllers. I'll probably wind up replacing the fake cables running from the light housing to the base with some better ones (and hopefully keep them from looping around on themselves, too).

PXL-20220413-035328224.jpg

PXL-20220413-035357760.jpg

I love threads about movie car replicas, this is truly a delight to look at, I watched Jurassic Park when I was younger, and the scene with the T-rex chasing a jeep stood out as a memory I'll never forget. To do a replica JP12 is on my wishlist, I saw some replica licence plates online a while back, by Doctor Collector, they do the Dennis Nedry version, but also a "Visitor Pack" with a JP#10 included. This is definately a project to sink my teeth into, (and yes, pun intended lol).

I love threads about movie car replicas, this is truly a delight to look at, I watched Jurassic Park when I was younger, and the scene with the T-rex chasing a jeep stood out as a memory I'll never forget. To do a replica JP12 is on my wishlist, I saw some replica licence plates online a while back, by Doctor Collector, they do the Dennis Nedry version, but also a "Visitor Pack" with a JP#10 included. This is definitely a project to sink my teeth into, (and yes, pun intended lol).
JP12 was always my favorite from the movie followed closely by JP10 just due to how unique they were. I picked up another Jeep that I had planned to use for parts but the previous owner had converted it into JP10. It's a blast to roll around in a mini convoy to the gas station or my uncle's house. I picked up all my license plates from Celebrity Machines (celebritymachines.com).

Your cryo can and night vision goggles really helped light the fire for this project.

I wrapped up the wiring on the spotlights and had to give them a test. The wiring bundle was run through some large heatshrink tubing and brought through the side of the Jeep with a rubber grommet.

PXL-20220415-235857024.jpg

I then took all the wheels back off and had the BFG KO2 tires put on. Took a bit to get the tire stickers applied but I think they came out well.

PXL-20220507-230214250.jpg

PXL-20220508-202925257.jpg

I took the opportunity to paint the lugnuts red while the wheels were off and replaced the leaking axle seals. After a bit of red touch-up paint (finally red hinges!) I think the end is near. I'd still like to replace the suspension and get a top with clear windows instead of tinted but that will be stuff handled further down the road as I wrap up other projects.

PXL-20220509-174815984.jpg

PXL-20220509-175127464.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back