Jurassic Park Explorer

I've been following this thread ever since I found it, and would allows check for any updates. I have an idea about the roof, why don't you vacuum form it? Though it is a prey small piece. I also stumbled across this other explorer build, you need google translate for it but the guy makes the bubble roof. Here: http://forum.autoinscale.com/viewtopic.php?id=8915
Hope that helps and I'm a huge fan of the explorers! Excellent work!! So much accuracy!

Well here's what i did. My dad gave me this clear piece off some unknown model that he had when he was a kid, and it just happened to be somewhat close to what i needed. So I threw it on there and said good enough lol. I was working on a wood form for vacuum forming but lost interest. I really do plan on making a vacuum forming setup someday. If i do I will finish this properly.
IMG_20150319_213601292.jpgIMG_20150319_213519222.jpg

Thanks for that link and the interest in my project BTW!!!
Oh!!:$ Your very, very, very, welcome! I started to copy your build and I bought the same 1/20th scale 4 door model kit as you did. Its in the box for now and waiting to be worked on. Hey also can you measure out the Open roof part? Maybe with the measurements I could make the bubble roof dome mold for you? If you'd like, totally your call. I'm working on a 1:24th scale explorer and am 3d designing and 3d printing out the parts for it. Heres what I got so far...
Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 4.39.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-07 at 4.39.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-09 at 9.02.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-10 at 2.34.14 PM.png

Looks great I have a couple of the die-cast explorers that I have planned to modify and make movie accurate. Any chance of getting a copy of your digital assets your using so I can print out a grill guard and sun roof of my own. My time isn't what it used to be so scratching them isn't in the cards for me right now.

You know what you might try ... go to your local hobby shop - especially one that carries RC planes and cars and such - and look at their vacuum-formed canopies (for planes) and clear vacuum-formed auto bodies. Cut the correct shape to fit, using a little heat here and there to tweak it, and you'll have your clear roof class! It's not expensive, and worth a shot! ;)

By the way ... the build is super cool! Sweet rebuild!!! Well done!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back