Jurassic Park Can Shape

Thanks, Guys !

Yes, the inside on mine is ever so tiny bit bigger, fraction of a millimeter, at worst you would need the equivilent of a cardstock thickness shim to fit the cryo-insert.

Great job!

I have to add I wouldn't dream of paying anything over $30 for an accurately shaped can. Mine were $13! I just kept looking until I found one at a reasonable price.

$13 is good. I'd choose $13 over what I did. But the right cans will be harder to find as time goes on....I wanted to come up with something that would likely be available for some time in the future. :)

The new Barbasol cans are now coming indented on the Top AND the Bottom. :behave

Would something like this work ?

Lubriplate-multipurpose-spray.jpglps-lps-1-premium-lubricants-1-11oz-aerosol-lubricant-greaseless-set-of-12_1915262.jpg

Or is it impossible to create the barbasol top piece on this ?

Would something like this work ?

View attachment 817683View attachment 817686

Or is it impossible to create the barbasol top piece on this ?

Those look like the same top as the can I used, and the blue Barbasol cap fit on and I just had to cut the tube that feeds into the top of the current cap.
Like my can, those are also too tall and would have to be cut down. We don't know the diameter of the cans. I already had one of the Penguin cans, so I measured and found it virtually the same diameter.

Those look like the same top as the can I used, and the blue Barbasol cap fit on and I just had to cut the tube that feeds into the top of the current cap.
Like my can, those are also too tall and would have to be cut down. We don't know the diameter of the cans. I already had one of the Penguin cans, so I measured and found it virtually the same diameter.

Ok. Thanks for the info.
So you painted your can's top in white then or can you also take the whole white part from the barbasol can ?

Ok. Thanks for the info.
So you painted your can's top in white then or can you also take the whole white part from the barbasol can ?

Painted. Gloss white with a single primer/paint spray can. The gloss shows a reflection of light on it. (shown in my picture)

I emailed a few of the vendors on Amazon/Ebay with hide a cans showing the classic style.....both got back to me and said what you would receive is actually the newer can, so beware.

I emailed a few of the vendors on Amazon/Ebay with hide a cans showing the classic style.....both got back to me and said what you would receive is actually the newer can, so beware.

And then someone like the OP, who got banned, will say that the seller is a scam artist trying to tick you - pulling the old "bait & switch". But in reality, the seller is probably not even aware that a small detail like the indent is even important to people. There is no sneaky underhandedness, just a lack of understanding the difference and how much of a difference it makes to the prop community. :lol

And then someone like the O, who got banned, will say that the seller is a scam artist trying to tick you - pulling the old "bait & switch". But in reality, the seller is probably not even aware that a small detail like the indent is even important to people. There is no sneaky underhandedness, just a lack of understanding the difference and how much of a difference it makes to the prop community. :lol

Yeah I dont know if its malicious, but just something to be aware of. I certainly got excited to think maybe they were producing the classic style just for aesthetics and it would benefit the prop community, but sadly not the case. I would rather have an indent on the top and no label than the other way around.

Yeah I dont know if its malicious, but just something to be aware of. I certainly got excited to think maybe they were producing the classic style just for aesthetics and it would benefit the prop community, but sadly not the case. I would rather have an indent on the top and no label than the other way around.

It was good thinking to ask upfront and great info to share here. :thumbsup

What about this one ?
Seems right, not ?

81QCHT84ylL._SL1500_.jpg

But can't find it anywhere to buy, so back to scratch...

Update:
Found a couple of websites where they sell them.

Can I post the links here, or is that against the rules ?

Update 2 :
Too bad , I can't order it :(
"Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location.
Please choose a different delivery address."

Figures....

Last edited:
For $4.77 at Walmart including the current Barbasol can (10oz) and CRC Brakleen (14oz), we may have another really affordable and available winner. Since we know that cutting down the length is not a big deal, the CRC can is almost twice the height of the Barbasol but widths are practically identical and are within neglegible tolerances (65.98mm CRC vs 66.01mm current Barbasol). CRC top wall is straight and the bulb cover has a better (dare I say a more accurate) shape vs screen used? Check out the photo....
IMG_3489.JPG

Last edited:
For $4.77 at Walmart including the current Barbasol can (10oz) and CRC Brakleen (14oz), we may have another really affordable and available winner. Since we know that cutting down the length is not a big deal, the CRC can is almost twice the height of the Barbasol but widths are practically identical and are within neglegible tolerances (65.98mm CRC vs 66.01mm current Barbasol). CRC top wall is straight and the bulb cover has a better (dare I say a more accurate) shape vs screen used? Check out the photo....
View attachment 817960

Yes, the top on the NEW Barbasol can isn't as accurate in its DOME contours when compared to the JP can.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back