Jumanji movie Board game replica

Wow, very very cool! Great work! You planning on doing a run?

He's certainly a very talented wood carver!

The idea at the moment is to do a small run of resin castings of just the top section (what you see in the pics), rather than the entire game. That is assuming that everything goes according to plan (first time molding and casting something this large).....

Last edited:
That looks awesome...

A run, thats a good idea... But it would be nice to have a full box, even if you can't open it, it should look like the real game from the movie... For displaying... ;)

I agree that a full box for display would be great, but:

1) I don't think my friend will have time to make and mold all the other pieces.
2) It would increase the difficulty of the mold making.
3) It would increase the price.
4) It would increase the price of shipping quite a bit.

5) Given a cast of the decorated/carved top, it would be fairly simple to make the rest of the static, closed box from balsa wood or styrene, glue the resin cast to the rest of the box and then paint them together.

Anyway, here's hoping everything going according to plan....

Always loved this gameboard!:love

I planned on doing this a while back, but other projects keep getting in the way.
I can tell you that I had spoke to the guy who designed the top of the gameboard, and it is sculpted (which I'm sure you guys already knew that.), but the rest of the gameboard, including the inside and the game pieces were designed and created by two other prop builders.
Of course this being a prop, it was all resin, but I love how we all try and make it a real carved wood version!
The dimensions he gave me for this gameboard are 17" x 13" x 3" in
depth.

this is really neat. i sorta made one out of a Jumanji board game when i was a kid. basically just took scissors and tape to the box so that it opened "correctly."

I know a few people have made starts or were planning on making the board, but I just really wanted it to actually be made. Plus this guy is great at carving so it was easier to get him to carve it rather than sculpt it.

Thanks for the dimensions RelicMaker. The dimensions the guy gave you differ only slightly from the dimensions given in a past auction - this relica is being done to the auction dimensions which will make it 3cm shorter in length and breadth (still pretty close). I wonder if different boards (hero vs stunts, etc) were slightly different sizes?

Update time! :):thumbsup

Not finished yet, but making great progress. The majority is finished though - the monkey obviously still needs carved and quite a bit of finishing off work to do (added depth, cleaning up, etc). I'm exceptionally pleased with the work he's doing. :D

Jumanji4.jpg

Jumanji5.jpg

Jumanji6.jpg

Jumanji7.jpg

Jumanji8.jpg

When you are done, are you going to bury it in some dirt to be recovered at a later time by Robin Williams?

Cool. If I do this I might do it out of softer wood. It would be much more fragile, but I could be more careful with the details (still a novice). It would be more fragile, and fairly light. Probably white pine or bass.

I checked - it is Brazilian Mahogany.

Got more photos sent through today. Even further along - so very nearly finished. :cool Leaves have been detailed, lettering done, background done, more detail added to heads, monkey started being carved, etc...

These pics are a lot better than the last ones I took as well - they show the detail a lot better.

Enjoy. :)

Jumanji9b.jpg

Jumanji9.jpg

Jumanji9d.jpg

Jumanji9c.jpg

Jumanji9e.jpg

Jumanji9f.jpg

Jumanji9g.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back