Jumanji movie Board game replica

Have you found anyone int in taking on the project?

No, to be honest I haven't had the time to do so yet. Like I said, I'm working on gathering as many screenshots of the game as I can right now. Once I get that done (probably in the next couple of days), and post it, who knows? Unfortunately I'm fairly new in this hobby and as such have limited resources and experience to do very much myself, though I would hate to see all the interest remain in typing on the thread. :unsure

I've found some dimensions for the game board. They're are fan created, and albeit the measurements listed are supposedly "accurate," I have no way of verifying this claim. Also, I've noticed that the plans are missing some significant components such as the built in box that holds the players tokens. Anyway, here's the link for the pdf file, and at least they could be looked at as a good basis for any potential project.

http://jumanjifans.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/9/3/1093400/jumanji_plans.pdf

I've found some dimensions for the game board. They're are fan created, and albeit the measurements listed are supposedly "accurate," I have no way of verifying this claim. Also, I've noticed that the plans are missing some significant components such as the built in box that holds the players tokens. Anyway, here's the link for the pdf file, and at least they could be looked at as a good basis for any potential project.

Great find! I am watching the film in Hd right now .
I think some of the board is wood but the playing surface maybe resin it shines and has a plastic look, also the edges of the walk are round . Would have been very hard to carve that precise . I think the hinges are to look ivory but are most likely a resin painted white. So what do you think far as going forward.?

I spoke to my friend again today and he had some very exciting pics to show me..... ;)

He's gone back to the Jumanji board and is feeling inspired - he's been doing a lot of work on carving the top and reckons the top should be finished in about a week. :):thumbsup

He showed me some great "in progress" pics of it on his digital camera and it looks very promising. I'll post them up when he's mailed them to me...

I spoke to my friend again today and he had some very exciting pics to show me..... ;)

He's gone back to the Jumanji board and is feeling inspired - he's been doing a lot of work on carving the top and reckons the top should be finished in about a week. :):thumbsup

He showed me some great "in progress" pics of it on his digital camera and it looks very promising. I'll post them up when he's mailed them to me...

Thats great news!!!
will he by any chance be selling any????

Yeah I made those.
They were made a while ago, using measurements taken from a prop up for auction, and then some extrapolation.
But I am no longer sure how accurate they are (as I made them ages ago, as you can tell by the fact they the plans look terrible, just terrible).

I would love to see this game replicated (as you can probably tell from my site), the closest I have ever gotten to one was being offered one of the hero props, but $15,000 US was just a little out of my price range.

Yeah I made those.
They were made a while ago, using measurements taken from a prop up for auction, and then some extrapolation.
But I am no longer sure how accurate they are (as I made them ages ago, as you can tell by the fact they the plans look terrible, just terrible).

I would love to see this game replicated (as you can probably tell from my site), the closest I have ever gotten to one was being offered one of the hero props, but $15,000 US was just a little out of my price range.

You pioneered something that is really cool . 15-K Keep the Hero!, long live replicas. If you ever want to toss some ideas around about trying to tackle it again let me know we could make it a team effort .

Yeah I made those.

Well, regardless of complete accuracy, the plans are a great help at the very least as a decent foundation to go off of. :)

Unfortunately though, both time and financial restraints at present limit me from taking up any new project...

Here's a little teaser for you guys..... ;)

Work in progress:

Jumanji1.jpg

Jumanji2.jpg

Jumanji3.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back