Jumanji board!

amazing work so far you know the ring is actually available on shapeways just type jumanji on the search bar

Yeah I noticed a couple of other people got it from there. But to be honest I thought it might be quicker to make one. It's not 100% accurate but it will give the general idea I think. :)

Yeah, the ring on Shapeways is the one I did in Google Sketchup and had printed for my board.

Just one thing - you mentioned that you would spray the rings silver. They should be a weathered brass-like colour, not silver. :thumbsup

Looking good so far. What is your plan for the written rules?

Yeah, the ring on Shapeways is the one I did in Google Sketchup and had printed for my board.

Just one thing - you mentioned that you would spray the rings silver. They should be a weathered brass-like colour, not silver. :thumbsup

Looking good so far. What is your plan for the written rules?

aha! I couldn't quite make out the colour of it in the movie. Thanks for that :)
The written rules look as though they are painted into the box...? I can definitely see wood grain so I may try it. Alternatively, my boyfriend is looking into getting it on the computer for me and printing it off the right size to stick in. (I'm crap at computers) Although this is very nice of him, I'm not 100% set on the idea. At least not until I see it. :p

This whole idea of the board and box just blows my mind! Congrats on a job well done, this is without a doubt a labor of love and a fine job on top of that!

The rules on the movie box were designed by a graphic artist then printed onto paper/card then stuck into the box. The woodgrain background was part of the printed design. Search for "jumanji rules" on google images and you can see a copy (not the exact screen used version, but a production copy) of the printed design.

This whole idea of the board and box just blows my mind! Congrats on a job well done, this is without a doubt a labor of love and a fine job on top of that!

Thank you very much :$

- - - Updated - - -

The rules on the movie box were designed by a graphic artist then printed onto paper/card then stuck into the box. The woodgrain background was part of the printed design. Search for "jumanji rules" on google images and you can see a copy (not the exact screen used version, but a production copy) of the printed design.

You are certainly a handy chap Mr Howlrunner :p
In that case I will probably use the printed version. Thank you for all your useful information.

The version of the game rules in the "Jumanji plans" PDF which can be downloaded online is really pretty inaccurate. The whole thing needs digitally redrawn by someone with accurate fonts and patterns. I don't have the software to do that (as the fonts are all custom and cannot just be found and downloaded).

I've actually done it! IT'S FINISHED!

PC060119.JPGPC060120.JPGPC060121.JPGPC060122.JPGPC060123.JPGPC060125.JPGPC060126.JPGPC060127.JPGPC060128.JPGPC060129.JPGPC060132.JPGPC060134.JPGPC060135.JPGPC060136.JPGPC060138.JPGPC060139.JPGPC060141.JPG

Larger images on my website: http://gemmawright2012.wordpress.com/

I am SO chuffed I got it done on time. :D

Last edited:
Very, very nice. :thumbsup

What did you use for the rules printouts? Did you photo-manipulate the image of the prop printouts?

Are your 3 tokens (not the rhino) basically the same colour? This image is probably the best to show their correct colours:

$(KGrHqJHJE0E+6sm-,S5BQYetWrnfw~~60_57.JPG

Great work. It's definitely the best replica of this board that I've ever seen completed. :D

Oh my what an amazing job you did! I am blown away! Really faithful replication of the game from the film. I love it soooo much! So inspiring. And thank you for including such a detailed WIP thread. Wonderful to see all the little details and work you put into it. Fantastic! I'm curious as to what class in school you were making this for? :]

Oh my what an amazing job you did! I am blown away! Really faithful replication of the game from the film. I love it soooo much! So inspiring. And thank you for including such a detailed WIP thread. Wonderful to see all the little details and work you put into it. Fantastic! I'm curious as to what class in school you were making this for? :]

Thank you so much :) It's been fun.
I've just finished the course. It was a foundation degree in prop making- totally brilliant! Never even thought about making props before I started but now I love it :cool

- - - Updated - - -

Very, very nice. :thumbsup

What did you use for the rules printouts? Did you photo-manipulate the image of the prop printouts?

Are your 3 tokens (not the rhino) basically the same colour? This image is probably the best to show their correct colours:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/JUMANJI-THE-...Aw/$(KGrHqJHJE0E+6sm-,S5BQYetWrnfw~~60_57.JPG

Great work. It's definitely the best replica of this board that I've ever seen completed. :D

Thanks so much :)
Damn those reference pictures would have been useful about a week ago :p the tokens aren't quite the same colour in mine. That picture at the top does show that mine could have been a bit more accurate. I got the monkey green and the rhino ivory coloured obviously, but the other two are a bit freestyle :cool. I was using the movie and it was hard to tell what on earth was going on with them most of the time.
The rules are a print out of some that got sold for auction online. Just enlarged and straightened out a bit on photoshop (that was my boy's handy work though, not mine unfortunately) I just cut them out, stuck them in and weathered them using thinned down P.V.A. and dusting 'fullers earth' powder over the top. Worked really well I think.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back